• Poorboys Natty's Blue
    • Finish Kare #2685
    • Auto Finesse Desire
    • Angelwax Desirable
    • 50Cal Pentawax
    • Waxybox Anniversary Wax
    • Waxybox Candy Gloss
    • Waxybox #17

Right then chaps and chapesses, I have a dilemma and need your input. It's time for a bit of a wax test but I have too many waxes and not enough panel. The plan is to do it on the bonnet (other panels are reserved for... let's just 'other things' for now ;) ) so I was thinking of 6 waxes, although I could stretch that to 9 if needs be. The problem is I have only managed to narrow the options down to 13 options. So... pick 6-9 waxes for me from this lot, basically. Choose as many as you like, but less than 13 would be the most helpful :lol:

614a0d9f-5699-41b8-ba6e-4df4d3f2d7db_zpsb09646d4.jpg

a286f6c6-a660-45f3-b9df-706b93b0845b_zps271bd350.jpg

f4a312e5-83bf-477e-b0ea-0f47d74d9452_zps1aabe6d2.jpg

The one without a visible label is Blue Velvet, by the way.

I'll leave the poll to run until I get to the waxing stage which could be anywhere between a couple of days and a couple of weeks depending on whether it ever stops raining when I'm NOT at work...

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

I don't want to try to corrupt your study, but would there be any value in including a low cost, ubiquitous, control like Simoniz original (gold tin stuff)?

I confess to owning lots of it after a slightly rash Costco purchase a while back :drunk::blush: - I think it's hard to use but always seems to make shiny results ...runs away and hides...

I don't want to try to corrupt your study, but would there be any value in including a low cost, ubiquitous, control like Simoniz original (gold tin stuff)?

I confess to owning lots of it after a slightly rash Costco purchase a while back :drunk::blush: - I think it's hard to use but always seems to make shiny results ...runs away and hides...

There's just two problems with this. Firstly I'm trying to reduce the number of waxes. :lol:

Secondly, and perhaps slightly more importantly, I don't actually have any of that wax...

Although the Simoniz stuff is £8 for 150g, whereas Poorboys is £15 for 227g so any of the Poorboys would suffice as the low cost offering. I've actually tried to get a fair spread of waxes (pardon the pun) as that list contains everything including expensive/ cheap/ boutique/ flagship/ show/ long durability/ middle of the market waxes. I'm just struggling to choose 6 myself, and seeing as I'll be posting the results up in my other thread I thought I'd see if anyone had any preferences on what they'd like to see really.

Cripes - I hadn't realised I (when outside temperature is over 22 C) was using a medium cost wax :thumbs:

In a kind of unqualified defence, I tend to use sealant stuff - Dodo Supernatural Acrylic Spritz most of the time.. so easy its witchcraft.. :lol:

I can post some Simoniz to you if you change your mind :) As ever, keep up the good work!

I'd be keen to see all the top 3, particularly to see the difference between Desire and Desireable, Nattys are popular and similar so not sure if they are needed. Finish Kare would be a good durability marker, with the bottom ones I think the Development Wax would be most interesting. I would personally be interested in seeing you sacrifice one of the waxes for Sonax PNS for comparison.

Sent from my AT10LE-A using Tapatalk

I use Purple Haze, but have pots of Auto Finesse and Nattys Blue.

I've voted for those so that I can get someone else to do the work and show me the comparison! :lol:

All comments/suggestions noted, thanks guys.

I would personally be interested in seeing you sacrifice one of the waxes for Sonax PNS for comparison.

After falling for the 'BSD is the bestest everest at everything ever' hype and being left a little disappointed with that, I've overlooked a lot of the Sonax range, PNS included. I might get round to trying it out but I haven't got any to try at the moment.

You ever tried R222 concourse wax mate? I've just bought some as an alternative to Dodo and Poorboys. Going to try it out on a customers car next week.

I've used it briefly, on one panel on a mate's car (it was his wax, he was doing the rest of the car at the time... it wasn't quite as random as that may have first sounded, honest). Initial impressions were very positive and if it weren't for the fact I've got far too many LSP's as it is, and I've had reports that it's not the most durable wax, I probably would have bought a pot by now. I was very impressed by the finish it gave though, it'd make a decent summer wax.

I use Purple Haze, but have pots of Auto Finesse and Nattys Blue.

I've voted for those so that I can get someone else to do the work and show me the comparison! :lol:

:lol:

I should consider charging for this public service. :lol:

What , no mention of supernatural.

My pot of Supernatural was generously and selflessly donated to a woman of the female persuasion. It turns out I'm both hugely generous (read as 'a sucker for a pretty face') and very good at procrastinating as I never got round to replacing it.

Okay then good people of the Z forum, Waxybox have thrown a bit of a curve ball at me by sending me a pot of "#17 mk2", a slightly revised formula of the standard #17 tweaked for the initial feedback. Me being me means I just have to test these two side-by-side, which means they will either take up 2 of the 6 spaces or #17 will be ruled out of the voting if I can make space on another panel for these two.

Either way, I should be getting round the LSP stage(s) this weekend, so still time to make/change your votes people (I know, it's all terribly exciting isn't it?!).

FFS, are the results not in on this yet????

;)

You will be glad to hear, tomorrow is LSP day. :D

I can't seem to close the poll, so feel free to vote still but as you're a week late to the party then your opinion doesn't matter... :lol: Or perhaps a helpful mod would be so kind and complete the closing ceremony for me, please?

In the mean time, some of the LSP's to be used are;

20140614_170557_zpsvslljo4r.jpg