Crashing start to Monday!!!

hensh65

Lovely start to a Monday morning! get up early to go into work early and get ahead of my work only to get bumped on the motorway :rant:

Thankfully the damage is nothing, I hope only had a quick look but I cant see any dents!

Was coming along the motorway just at my cut off, it's 5 lanes, 3 outside are the motorway and the 2 inside lanes are for cutting of. the cut off lanes go for around a mile and just near the end there is another entry slip. I was in the in the inside lane and a black insignia was in the outside lane of the cut of lane just ahead of me. A car came on at the slip road and cut out into his lane and was trying to merge onto the motorway. With it being rush hour he had to brake and slow down to get on. He was now doing about 30ish in a 50 zone. I am coming up the inside quite the thing, not a soul in my lane, just as I am about level with the insignia I just clocked his wheels turning in! Panic I swung my car wide but not enough to avoid me and the dreaded shunt at the back. Luckily there is a small lay by just 20 yards infront of where it happened. As you can imagine I got out and went absolute balistic! the guy thought if he shouted louder then it would have made the situation my fault. I thought this guy was going to try and con me so I phoned the police straight away and they sent a car out. In the 20 mins! it took for the Police car to come both of us had calmed down.

Looking at my car, it was just a scrape and tbh his was slightly worse as the front bumper had slightly clipped out. I would rather just sort it myself than claim his insurance as even with a non fault claim it can push your premium up. Police arrived and we just said it was sorted and he helped merge us back onto the motorway and off to start a working day!!

The moral of the story is stayin your bed!!!

20140602_095107_zps4a7c4085.jpg

20140602_095123_zps6f42232c.jpg

20140602_095116_zps75f5d12a.jpg

20140602_093156_zps1f43a58a.jpg

I hadn't seen the other one, normally come in threes!!!!!! Hope I dont take the other one again for the team :lol:

There was a slight bonus to having a Zed in this situation. My big brother text me saying have you broke down or been pulled? His pal, who doesn't know me or have ever seen me text him saying I was at the side of the road with the police car behind me. Can't do anything in a 350z without everyone knowing :lol:

• Like 2

Unlucky Kris, have always hated that section of the M8 in rush hour as you see all sorts of interesting manoeuvres being pulled by the muppets that share the roads

It is a terrible bit of road and had more than a few close calls. Just happy there wasn't any major damage. Hopefully some megs cutting X might sort it!

Look on the bright side mate could've turned out much much worse. You got away with barely a scrape it could've been much more damage or injuries

Yes mate, I am not even bothered anymore tbh. Going to give it a polish and see what happens and if it doesnt work then no big deal. It spent half of 2013 in the body shop, a quick trip for a repair is nothing! Espcially now I saw Paddys car! I would feel sick then :yuck:

Must be Zed hunting season at moment - every other thread seems to another one caught in some sort of incident. Hope you get it sorted back to the standard it was.

I might start up a group buy on the bubble wrap that got mentioned - see if we can get a forum discount.

Edited by Nick350z

I hadn't seen the other one, normally come in threes!!!!!! Hope I dont take the other one again for the team :lol:

There was a slight bonus to having a Zed in this situation. My big brother text me saying have you broke down or been pulled? His pal, who doesn't know me or have ever seen me text him saying I was at the side of the road with the police car behind me. Can't do anything in a 350z without everyone knowing :lol:

It's all good, mine was done again... so that makes 3! :lol:

Edit: Sorry to see your damage by the way... I know it's no consolation to you, but could be worse! :)

Edited by Paddy78
  • Like 1

It's all good, mine was done again... so that makes 3! :lol:

Edit: Sorry to see your damage by the way... I know it's no consolation to you, but could be worse! :)

I saw your car mate and felt stupid for bothering about mine! Although I noticed the damage missed your lovely HR bonnet! Not by much though, that was a bonus.

Don't feel stupid for worrying about yours, that happened to you and you naturally feel bad about it.

Yeah, bonnet catch is possibly buckled, so not sure if it's slightly bent. Going to get a full inspection done as the exhaust was also hit, so could be cracked...

Don't feel stupid for worrying about yours, that happened to you and you naturally feel bad about it.

Yeah, bonnet catch is possibly buckled, so not sure if it's slightly bent. Going to get a full inspection done as the exhaust was also hit, so could be cracked...

Looking at the front of the saxo I cant believe how well the rear bumper held up although your exhaust might have taken the brunt. Does it sound any different?