350z or z4m coupe?

Bodyboarder81

Hi all , just wandering if anybody has run a z4m coupe and how do they compare to the 350? I'm torn between the two ..... I've had a hr 350 before and loved it , low costs to run , fix ( not that I had any problems) .... But I have always loved the z4m . I've heard they have a very harsh ride quality and I'm guessing will be more expensive to maintain ?

Cheers for your help :)

Ya just signed up there ....... For the same spec z4m coupe as a 350 hr ( year and mileage ) looks like they are around 15-16k .... Most seem to have/ want warranty on them .... This scares me.

Edited by Bodyboarder81

Ya just signed up there ....... For the same spec z4m coupe as a 350 hr ( year and mileage ) looks like they are around 15-16k .... Most seem to have/ want warranty on them .... This scares me.

For that sort of cash you could get a really nice 370Z, B) ...or maybe a ready Supercharged 350 Zed. :kicking:

• Like 1

This is true ..... But ( please no one shoot me down) I'm not sure the 370 is a massive step on from the 350 esp the HR model . Sometimes I like the look of them and then other times I still think the 350 is a better proportioned , smoother looking sports car...

This is true ..... But ( please no one shoot me down) I'm not sure the 370 is a massive step on from the 350 esp the HR model . Sometimes I like the look of them and then other times I still think the 350 is a better proportioned , smoother looking sports car...

I'm not disagreeing with you as I happen to agree with you but then their are exceptions to this as some of the modified 370Z's look amazing. B)

Take a look at octets 370Z for example, second post in car of the month entry; http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/84940-may-2014-members-car-of-the-month-enter-here/

I'm not disagreeing with you as I happen to agree with you but then their are exceptions to this as some of the modified 370Z's look amazing. B)

Take a look at octets 370Z for example, second post in car of the month entry; http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/84940-may-2014-members-car-of-the-month-enter-here/

Or if you don't like heavily modified cars then other 370zs look even better! The choice is yours.

Maybe an upgraded exhaust and you're off

If I end up getting another 350 or 370/z4m they will all be getting the exhaust / spacer treatment :) in my opinion they all need at least that! ..... Just been looking a 370 on ph /auto t ..... Every sports car has gone up I reckon by a few k over the last couple months ..... Missed out on the lovely HR zed in the classifieds on here ( gun metal , 50k , spacers coil overs ) as I was too tight and offered him 10900! Doh

Havent driven a Z4 in any shape or form cannot comment, but those that have say its a very capable car? It is on paper a quicker car than the 350z in any format, and if I am brutally honest, its looks better in roadster form than the Zed if you like your drop tops. But it is still a BMW, and if you like your Jap cars, its hard to take that on the chin everyday if you own a Beemer!

I love my German cars ( we have a merc c250 cdi amg for our family car) but what I don't like are the bills that come with them ! I'll only be getting a coupe version as I have a reseeding hair line so a roaster is not going to do me any favours! :) as far as the 350 roadster I personally think that it's been beaten with the ugly stick

350... Simple question .. Are you a car enthusiast or a badge wh0re

Tbh mate I think a unbiased car enthusiast would choose the z4m every time.

Then pick the z4?!?!

A z4m is a bit more than a z4 and is definitely a enthusiasts car.

I personally prefer the 350z as I don't like the look of the z4m, but there is no doubt the z4m is the superior car.

I used to own a 350z and now I own a Z4 3.0i with the aero bodykit and the Msport suspension and interior upgrades. I liked the 350z, but the BMW is in *my opinion* a far better car. Plus, I get to take the roof off when it's sunny :teeth:

350... Simple question .. Are you a car enthusiast or a badge wh0re

Tbh mate I think a unbiased car enthusiast would choose the z4m every time.

Then pick the z4?!?!

A z4m is a bit more than a z4 and is definitely a enthusiasts car.

I personally prefer the 350z as I don't like the look of the z4m, but there is no doubt the z4m is the superior car.

Right. . .

The 350z is better than the Z4 3.0 BUT the Z4 M is better than the 350z and the 370z to my mind. Will also hold its value better I should think.

I beg to differ. The two cars are essentially the same. Having test driven both, the only glaring difference is the fixed roof and the marginal 0.2 increase. The straight 6 still delivers a top speed of 155, but with a 0.5 reduction in 0-60 time. The preference between the two extends only as far as which do you prefer - The added extras afforded by the M package, or not. Either way, both are in a different league to the 350z, and I feel no shame in saying I adored my 350z.

Most cars have their own strengths, I think the 350z has character more than anything! My VX220 would monster a 350z on a track or a country road but it lacked an emotional attachment, its hard to explain but it just felt like the car just didn't give a crap about me haha. My Skyline, just looks outrageous and when that boost kicks in, wow you feel the power like you didn't in the Zed which has its 'lazy power'. On paper, its hard to argue that the 350z is 'better' than the Z4M (top speed is limited on both cars so no point looking at that) as it does have better stats, and having sat in both, the interior is a better quality in the BMW. But its the intangible stuff that the 350z had that my VX220 didnt have and most BMWs I have sat in or driven likewise don't have - in my humble opinion (although I did like the new M5, what a car).

• Like 1

Test drive a 50, 70 and the M. Then buy the one you like the most :D

I had a 50 and wanted a 70 but test drove a Cayman S, M6, FN2 Type R and a 330S STi before actually buying the 70.

Yes I could have saved some time/money just buying the 70 but now I know for sure :)

Edited by 370Ad

Forget car stats....How does each car make you feeeeeel!!!

If you fall in love with the engine and the way it drives then go for it. Obv looks come into it as well but that's easy, you either like the look as much as the next car or not.

When I was looking for a 350z I briefly considered a Z4M. I remember searching on autotrader for z4m`s and 350HR`s within 100 mile of my house and there were only a handful of both. In the end I decided for the 350z as to me it had more character, was cheaper and to my eyes better looking. It also had the bonus that around my way its a very rare car and quite unusual to see one.. Z4`s are like Boxsters around my way, common as muck. Sure the Z4M is a different beast, but I came up against a couple during my time with my 350HR and have to say on the road there was nothing at all in the performance, they were neck & neck.

• Like 1

The Z4M would be a more refined drive, nicer interior and looks good as a soft top. The 350Z is a 'raw' drive, mechanical feeling gearbox etc. depends what you are after really.

Any proper enthusiast would look past a badge and enjoy a car for what it is. People will be very biased on any manufacturer/model specific forums, like in this thread for example... So you're best of test driving and deciding yourself which car is better for you.

Edited by Jp606