5y/o boy banned from church group for wearing dresses

AliveBoy

If he was a bit older I'd say good for him if that's what he wants to do, after all it's only society that dictates what you wear. As he's only a 5 year old I'd say he maybe doesn't quite know what he's up to and may end up regretting this decision (or not..!).

But if you want to wear a dress and you're a man, go for it. Only ignorant, narrow minded individuals would have a negative view of it.

However, if I had a child and he wanted to wear a dress I'm not sure if I'd encourage it. Once he's old enough and was adamant he likes prancing around in dresses then whatever, fill your boots or heels....

• Like 1

If he just put a dress on at home for a laugh it'd be fine. But I think his parents should encourage him to wear boys clothes til he's old enough to know what he really wants to wear. I wanted to be an astronaught when I was 5 but it's probably for the best my parents didn't send me off in a rocket

• Like 1

I like different. Can't see that he was hurting anyone and to ban him for 'confusing the other children' seems utterly ridiculous.

I don't have kids - never wanted any - and to be fair, I expect I'd struggle with it if he was my own son, but from an objective perspective I can't really see the problem.

Edited by sipar69

I was out the other week at a hawk conservatory, obviously there were quite a few families, there was one particular kid, guessing a similar age, he had on a pair of black trousers, red velvet dinner jacket, shirt and red bow tie and smart shoes, every other kid, jeans, t shirt and trainers. One look at his parents and you knew he hadnt choosen his attire, typical new age tree huggers!

Personally i felt sorry for the little fella, other kids looked at him strangely and you could tell he wasnt quite down with other kids! Its one sure way of giving your child some kind of stigma, parents to blame in both cases imho!

Im going to guess, and yes Im stereotyping, that the bleach blonde fake boobed preened eyebrowed mum with three daughters already, has a lot more to do with him wanting to wear princess dresses than this story tells us.

And now its on the internet, for ever, so when he is a normal 14/15 year old kid at school, and one of his mates finds this story on the net, what a pleasant time he will have... stupid mother for getting it plastered on the net.

No-one bothers this guy when he puts on a dress.

pope-francis.jpg

Off topic but after finding this pic on Google images I was struck how there are NO PICTURES OF THE POPES FEET :scare:

Does a Pope have feet?

Yes otherwise all those red velvet shoes they buy him must be a tax scam and probably why flex has dresses with his company name embroided on them :lol:

P.s I'm sure flex is an accountant if not I'm very sorry

P.p.s if you are an accountant in still very sorry for you :lol:

No-one bothers this guy when he puts on a dress.

Off topic but after finding this pic on Google images I was struck how there are NO PICTURES OF THE POPES FEET :scare:

Does a Pope have feet?

Yes otherwise all those red velvet shoes they buy him must be a tax scam and probably why flex has dresses with his company name embroided on them :lol:

P.s I'm sure flex is an accountant if not I'm very sorry

P.p.s if you are an accountant in still very sorry for you :lol:

Yes it's true, don't be sorry, I quite enjoy it, meet lots of interesting people, work when I want. Far better than being employed! Love it.

Edited by Flex
  • Like 1

I wear a dress quite regularly its called a kilt, I wonder what would happen to the lad If he went to school in his dresses? Now that would be interesting to see how the other boys react.

• Like 1