Very annoyed new buyer!

ajh350z

Just took my new Zed home today from Oldham, the first question I asked was does it have a full service history...

The reply was "yes. we keep the service history with the documents locked up"

Like an idiot I trusted the guy and drove it home. Just checked the paper work, no service history at al!! nothing!!

Anyone know if I have any recourse on this, right now i feel like driving the 40 miles back to Oldham and knocking the salesman clean out.

Edited by ajh350z

Hi ajh350z.

Best thing to do would be to check the advert to see if that states it has service history.

Then contact the dealer to see if he has the history paperwork. (service book should be stamped really)

If it isn't wasn't in the advert as FSH, then perhaps you could check with citizens advice to confirm your rights.

See below

Your consumer rights – products must be:

• of satisfactory quality - last for the time you would expect and be free of any defects
  • fit for purpose – fit for the use described and any specific use you made clear to the trader
  • as described – match the description on packaging or what the trader told you

1989.jpg

Need help with with sorting out problems - call Citizens Advice consumer service 08454 04 05 06*

Edited by DavidZ

I can't believe that it wouldn't have any history? Don't forget, Zeds were £30k new and that's a lot of money to invest to then not care about servicing etc. As other's have said, call this morning and remain calm! :)

As others have said - check the position in a calm and diplomatic way. If it turns out that the car was advertised as having a service history (and you can prove it) and in fact it does not, you'd have a very strong case to return the car and demand your money back on the basis of a breach of contract - in other words you entered into a contract to buy a car with a full service history and the dealer did not keep to their side of the contract.

Oh and try to avoid knocking anyone out. You'll end up in court and with a criminal record that will blight your life from there on.

Edited by sipar69

Small over reaction without even calling the garage?

Kinda what I was getting at too.

Tbh you should really be mad at yourself for not checking in the first place, especially if you were that bothered about it.

Schoolboy error not checking it when you viewed the car really. Hope you get it sorted. As previous post says i would be surprised if anyone who purchased a z didnt bother to service the car. Hope you call to find out they have the paperwork there with them.

Payco

Welcome to The Land of Zed. :welcome:

It even said HISTORY in capitals in the advert. Nice looking Zed. I'm sure with only 30,000 on the clock

it must have been serviced at least four times. As Ekona said "a phone call" about 9.30am should reveal all. :blush:

Edited by WhackyWill

Hi, as others have said stay calm call salesman and explain in a calm way that you have not been given the service book etc, Remind him that the ad clearly states history and ask ...... Having been in disputes with sales/garages before even though you don't feel calm this is the best way to proceed. Allow salesman to either a. Apologise and arrange said documentation to be forwarded to you or b. squirm and try to blag his way out at which point the car becomes not as advertised so you are by law entitled to a full refund due to misleading advertising / not as described/advertised/misrepresentation

Good luck, hope you get the resolution you're after :)

Edited by tatooandy67

As others have said, first thing I check when looking at a car or motorbike is what history has it got. That way I know if a service is due and what sort of financial outlay im likely to have on the vehicle over the first year of owning it. Then based on that, I offer a price for the vehicle accordingly and use that as a negotiation point.

Hopefully they have just forgotten to give you the service book. Either way, make sure you let us know how you get on as we are all dying to know the outcome now!

Small over reaction without even calling the garage?

Kinda what I was getting at too.

Tbh you should really be mad at yourself for not checking in the first place, especially if you were that bothered about it.

easy mistake and a school boy error ... trusting a salesman :headhurt: but it's oh so easy to get caught up in the moment when buying a car

not sure what the OP means .... missing service history book or he has the s/h book and it is blank/empty ?

• Like 1

I wonder if he's still angry, or if there's been a successful ending to this?

+1, only logged on to see what had happened. I had visions of blue and white tape all round the showroom and a 350z through the window!

Same here + 2...Where is he don't keep us in suspenders any longer... :scare: :scare: