Anyone know?

jamess115

Hi folks,

Just purchased a second hand Fairlady Z Auto and was wondering if anybody knows if the timing belt is a belt or a chain as this is an imported model. Also, apologies if this has been mentioned in other posts, which is the best fuel to use? Should I use the premium or regular unleaded and why?

Many Thanks

Do not ever run your Zed on anything less than a Super Unleaded fuel.

If nothing else is available and you really need to use normal unleaded (in emergency) then you can but it is highly advisable that you don't. http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/56308-what-can-happen-if-you-run-your-zed-on-95-ron/

Lot's of info here about Zed Imports; http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/37-jdm-imports/

:thumbs:

Hey James, welcome to the forum and congratulations on the purchase of your Zed. As Kyle said on UK cars there is a sticker telling you yo use 98ron, but as yours is an import i doubt if you will have that sticker, but as everyone has mentioned Shell V-Power is the best fuel to use and if you can't get to 98 ron then use the bare minimum of regular until you can get to 98ron.

Hey James, welcome to the forum and congratulations on the purchase of your Zed. As Kyle said on UK cars there is a sticker telling you yo use 98ron, but as yours is an import i doubt if you will have that sticker, but as everyone has mentioned Shell V-Power is the best fuel to use and if you can't get to 98 ron then use the bare minimum of regular until you can get to 98ron.

Not sure I have ever seen it confirmed that imports need 98 - does Japan have that ron for instance? I would expect ZEDs destined for countries where 98+ is not available would be mapped appropriately.

Thanks!

My Fairlady Z has done 40,000miles and was just wondering what y'all recommend regarding miles to look at timing chain replacement? What rear tyres (manufacturer) are people using?

Ta

Edited by jamess115

Rear tyres should match the fronts in terms of manufacturer and model. Size is obviously different in terms of width.

Chain should last the life of the car, in theory. Certainly no need to change it unless it's started to stretch or cause you other issues.

So diesel is out of the question then !!!

Payco

It's a conspiracy, diesel will actually make petrol cars faster! You just need to top up the blinker fluid more often as more will be used by the flux capacitor in converting the spinning of the rotary engine gaskets into the up and down motion of the pistons...