Ah, yes. It's my fault. How silly of me.

PiGFoetus

Parked up for the night outside the house, leaving the usual "half mile gap" from the neighbours drive to allow my elderly neighbour the reversing room she generally needs to reverse out ... reversing room for an oil tanker. Safe, or so I think.

This places my car near the end of my drive.

My wife goes out to take my daughter's friend home and 5 seconds later comes in ranting at me that I've left my car too close to the end of the drive and that she (my wife that is) has reversed the Rav4 into my car.

Can't bloody win, can I? Pointing out to her that it was a driver's responsibility to avoid stationary objects didn't help my case. Stupid to argue really. I never learn.

Anyway, nothing structural I could see in the dark. Just a few scuffs and missing paint on the rear bumper. And a grumpy wife. I thought it should be the other way round, but apparently not.

Unlucky mate. Grit your teeth and bank this one, then keep it filed for some inevitable, future misdemeanour. So at least you've got a, "Remember when you..." get out of jail free card in your pocket.

Edited by SuperStu

Your wife is absolutely right here. I did the same thing a few years ago - reversed into the side of my wife's car on our driveway, creating the most ugly big dent in the side of it, BECAUSE SHE DIDN'T PARK IT WHERE SHE ALWAYS PARKS IT. Naturally it was her fault, but strangely, even to this day, she tries to blame me.

Just man-up and admit that you made a mistake.

• Like 1

I am sure that most of us married men have been in a similar position.

A few years back, while having to do a very tight U turn with no visibility, my wife was asked to watch and tell me when to stop.

Reverse, reverse, crunch, STOP!

To this day, and even with 3 kids as witnesses, it was my fault apparently!

Perhaps you can get RS8055 to help you pull the dents out with his strong right arm : )

• Like 1

Stu definately doesn't understand women !!!!!

mind, nor do I :shrug:

I don't get it, one half drops a nut, the other half is one nut in credit. No? ;)

There other half has both nuts in her hand mate

Edited by GIXXERUK
  • Like 6

Been married 40 years, a slow learner, took me 20 of them to realise you can't win. I learnt eventually that the secret is not to say or give away anything when the other half eventually makes a mistake. Sit there with a self satisfied smile or even better, a conceited smug, then watch the fireworks. Then I learnt it didn't work again, back to the drawing board. :boxing:

• Like 1

I was reversing into the garage a short while back and needed to get it as close to the back wall as possible so had the wife standing at the back to watch the gap. I stopped when I felt it touch the wall ! Apparently I should have been watching in my rear view mirror to see her arm waving not looking at the clearance at each side in the wing mirrors and listening for her shout. Ah well at least it was her car and not mine.