Another zed bites the dust :( [update -replacement zed pics pg3]

Squee

:'( I was planning to demand that you sold the 300 to me once I am back in gainful employment.

Listen forget if you could have done anything etc.....having an accident sucks balls and you naturally always torment yourself after Your ok and thats that......the cars scrap now so time to move on.

Cheers guys!

I'm actually retrieving the car today...what a better place to get some lessons in driving with a car trailer than back on the M6 again ;)

:'( I was planning to demand that you sold the 300 to me once I am back in gainful employment.

funnily enough I've got a nice Cat C coming up soon hehe.

It's just so annoying that if there was a reason to plant my brakes on full I wouldn't have gone into her...but you can't go doing this every time your on the motorway else you'd cause havoc!

Sad to hear this but glad both parties are both ok. I am afraid as you drove into the car in front their insurance will claim from you unless the other driver informs her insurance she was totally to blame due to performing an emergency stop for no real reason, which I can't really see happening. At least your insured and It will get taken care of anyway :thumbs:

she's already done this, my insurance company has read her statement out to me.

But it's all good as no one hurt and now I can get that twin turbo ZX I've been promising myself.

I think I'm really bothered about this blame stuff as I want to keep my premiums down...I was in an incident 18 months ago where I tapped someones car (no damage to either car) but three people put whippy claims in and now I've got a £28,000 case against me :(

I have got damage pics taken from the side of the motorway but I don't know if its' appropiate to post. Also annoyingly the crash took place right under a CCTV camera but Highways Agency have said it was turned off that day.

Cheers again for your kind words...and drive safe all!

S.

Really sorry to hear this Squee, the main thing is that nobody was hurt, and with that in mind does it really matter who's fault it was? Both of you are insured.

It`s never nice being involved in an accident whether at fault or not as I`m sure most of us will know and feel gutted for you.

Not wanting to stick the boot in to your already miserable situation but I think you`ll struggle to avoid the blame and will be setting yourself up for a lot of grief and mither if you want to fight it. It will always come down to the fact that for whatever reason the car in front of you stopped and you couldn`t which will always suggest you were either too close, going too fast or not paying attention to the road/traffic conditions. Even if the car in front does something totally unexpected the rules of good driving dictate that you should always be in a position to be able to stop no matter what. At best if she maintains her honesty about it she might be apportioned a part of the blame as well but how likely is it she`s going to do that once her insurance and solicitors get involved and her story then changes to she had to brake suddenly for whatever and you just ran into the back of her. Maybe just me being cynical but I`ve seen lots of it and especially if there are no other witnesses, if it was me, I would just leave it to the insurance company to sort out, that`s what we pay it for after all.

Having said that, I actually agree with Wayne. Consider if the roles were reversed and a member from this forum was driving down the motor, due to a transmission fault their rear tyres locked up or similar and they had to emergency stop, would people blame them if someone went in to the back of them?

Haydn.

Bloody hell Sarah, missed this completely. Just glad you're okay, could've been a lot worse and I think you did everything you possibly could've done. Sadly there is no way to account for what the driver in front did, I just hope everything works out for you.

Cheers again all. I'm probably coming across as a bit of a ***** being so bothered about the blame thing but I think the £28k payout from the non-incident a while back has made me a bit of a cynic. And no one likes dented pride...almost as bad as a dented zed!

The car was retrieved from a recovery yard yesterday with the help of some good friends from the ZX scene. I think I'll let the dust settle for a week or so before ramping up my efforts to get a replacement.

Sorry to hear about your incidents SMD and Annie (and welcome back btw).

S.

Just read about this over on the zx forum.

Sad to see another 300 hitting the scrappers, but always good that no one was hurt.

You'll be able to break the 300 if you decided to buy it back from the insurers and probably make some money back to put towards the TT.

Was reading your intro Wicksy and you did mention your brother wrote off his Zed but after looking at the pictures really hope he got out in one piece as that look's nasty. :surrender:

Never a nice end for any car.

Yeah man, the car did its job and he came out without a bruise. Was on the motorway, span out and hit the central reservation :(

Was reading your intro Wicksy and you did mention your brother wrote off his Zed but after looking at the pictures really hope he got out in one piece as that look's nasty. :surrender:

Never a nice end for any car.

Yeah man, the car did its job and he came out without a bruise. Was on the motorway, span out and hit the central reservation :(

Glad he was ok.

• Like 1

Maybe look at it this way, that your 300 will live on in other 300's. ;)

This.

I've been trying to resist my vulture nature and ask what parts you'll be selling....

Haha thanks Bronzee and Lexx...well I'm definitely keeping the manual gear box as it has a loving home already....in the twin turbo auto I bought yesterday :D will also be putting on the skirts, spoiler, smoked black lights and wheels on the new addition. Lexx send me a PM if there's any bits you're after.

Wicksy I'm sorry to hear about your brothers Zed :console: horrible to see a car looking all sorry for itself but glad your bro is ok. Good thing these Zeds are built well! Is he going to buy it back? Fair play to my insurers Admiral, they made getting it back very easy and even allowed my car to stay at the local recovery yard rather than being towed to a salvage yard which saved me a few ££. Hope he finds himself back in a Zed again soon.

S.

• 3 weeks later...

As gutted as I still am about my beloved Growler my driveway is looking half decent again now :)

This is Growler 2. Twin turbo, currently auto but will be getting a manual conversion soon. And also as I'm a massive chav I'm going to get some dumper valves on it. Sorry to all the purists out there ;)

The car actually came with 350z non GT rims on which is a nice touch!

S.

growler2andzooms.jpg

• Like 2

PS if anyone's wondering the thing in the tree is - it's a large plastic owl which I bought to protect my Zeds from the pigeon's target practice. I'm only seeing moderate success with that :/

S.

Edited by Squee

PS if anyone's wondering the thing in the tree is - it's a large plastic owl which I bought to protect my Zeds from the pigeon's target practice. I'm only seeing moderate success with that :/

S.

Well it's a bit of a hoot trying that anyway.