E36 M3 surprised me

Daveyboy11

The E36 M3 Evo had 321 bhp out of the factory and are quite light, so I'd expect him to have pulled away!

Fairly old now though so may have lost some power.

If it was the E36 3.0 version they run 280 ish bhp in standard form so I'm guessing very much similar.

Edited by Shades_Rs

The E36 M3 Evo had 321 bhp out of the factory and are quite light, so I'd expect him to have pulled away!

Fairly old now though so may have lost some power.

If it was the E36 3.0 version they run 280 ish bhp in standard form so I'm guessing very much similar.

Yeah it will be. You kept up with a more expensive car with a lot of prestige. Probably pi**ed him off a bit. So smile and be happy. :teeth:

This is a really cool forum and the people on here are waaaay more chill than on most owners clubs.

However coming on here talking about street racing and refering to people as "son" isn't going to get you off to the best of starts with everyone.

Firstly I never mentioned street racing and secondly that is just a figure of speech. Sorry if I have offended anyone in anyway.

• Like 1

For all we know, they could of been playing at 20, and reached 60 :p At the end of the day, 1st rule of car club, don't post figures :lol:

Afraid most car owners forums will frown apon any thread such as this, many will have a play here or there, but doubt many will openly admit to it. Just got to keep it for your pals I'm afraid.

For all we know, they could of been playing at 20, and reached 60 :p At the end of the day, 1st rule of car club, don't post figures :lol:

Afraid most car owners forums will frown apon any thread such as this, many will have a play here or there, but doubt many will openly admit to it. Just got to keep it for your pals I'm afraid.

Yeah that's fair enough, lesson learnt! :)

• Like 1

I remember test driving a 1996 E36 M3 Evo back in 2000. It was on the forecourt of my local BMW garage for about £30k if i remember rightly. Have to say I was very underwhelmed with it, although I do remember it was the first 6 speed car id driven! They are very very cheap now, being an older car and so im seeing more and more of them around my area with young lads turning them into drift cars etc.

I had an E36 M3 Evo, lovely car.. faster than the Zed that's for sure but the running costs were a lot more than the Zed.. One inspection set me back like £800 without anything being fixed!

Here's a pic, a good mate of mine now owns it so get to see it whenever :)

P1020543.jpg

I had an E36 M3 Evo, lovely car.. faster than the Zed that's for sure but the running costs were a lot more than the Zed.. One inspection set me back like £800 without anything being fixed!

Here's a pic, a good mate of mine now owns it so get to see it whenever :)

P1020543.jpg

Nice! They are very cool cars

They're clearly fine pieces of engineering, but I just can't really get excited about BMWs, M or otherwise. There's a fairly strong stench of the aspirational middle manager about them that turns me right off. Shame really (for me obvs, not anyone else) as I'm sure there's a good number of them that are very pleasant to drive and go like stink, with extremely happy owners. The 645s seem to be insanely good value at the minute.

If I had a shot at an M3 or a Mustang or a Camaro or a Challenger, I'd sooner have any of the yank tanks, despite undoubtedly the BMW being better engineering. Must be one of those irrational things...

• Like 1

They're clearly fine pieces of engineering, but I just can't really get excited about BMWs, M or otherwise.

To be honest, ive never been one for bmw`s either until I bought my bmw 123d coupe 18 months ago. The difference in quality between that and any other cars ive had (incl other German makes) is like night & day. Makes my 350z feel like a rusty old transit van in comparison.

• Like 2