Widebody Moonbeam 370z GT with 2015 Nismo Front End (p17)

oldbonesmcgee

Thanks for the comments!

I think the 2015 front end looks great, my one advise would be firstly its not as easy at it first seems. Being in the UK we need to have washer jets and the holes aren't big enough for them so you need to make them bigger by cutting the bumper, you also have to modify the washer jet system because the DRLs interfere with the system. The impact sensors also do not mount directly to the new bumper, and the foam that goes in the bumper also doesn't fit.

Also I would spray the red bits, I personally think they look daft in red... and probably wouldn't suit a blue Z.

Yeah, I guessed it probably wouldn't be a straight fit but doesn't sound like anything a good bodyshop couldn't handle? Definitely made the right decision with spraying the red bits. I've looked at the Nismo skirts for mine and thought I'd spray the red bits on them to match the body colour on mine, not sure if that would work on the bumper too?

I'm not sure, I guess it depends how the rest is done. you can just make out in the pics above that the bits above and below the "finishers" have been painted body colour on mine. On the real nismo this is supposed to be gunmetal, so if you did that black then body colour finishers might look quite good. Just not a fan of this...

11051992_10200608007318839_597120148820542653_o.jpg

I've said it before but I'm not a fan of a lot of body kits, it is very easy to get it wrong and upset the lines.

But I have to say that look is stunning and I'd quite happily adopt that look with rosie. Was not sure if the nismo front would look too busy but it just works. Love what you have done and will have to see it in the flesh one day.

You have a good eye.

• Like 1

Should have some finished pics on Sunday

IMAG2038_zpschrcdmkv.jpg

IMAG2036_zpspfbtyeqw.jpg

Just curious - did you get the Nismo badge from Nissan? It looks identical to the metal one I got and added to my front bumper having seen the one on the Mk 2 Nismo. I believe it was supposed to be a grill badge, but I removed the metal studs at the back so I could use it on the bumper. I got mine from Amazon for a modest £12 but it was surprisingly decent quality. :)

Bumper_zps365e4561.jpg

Edited by sipar69

This car definately needs a CarbonSignal duckbill spoiler :lol::thumbs:

Haha I know, if only someone could do me a super cheap bargain on one ;)

I've said it before but I'm not a fan of a lot of body kits, it is very easy to get it wrong and upset the lines.

But I have to say that look is stunning and I'd quite happily adopt that look with rosie. Was not sure if the nismo front would look too busy but it just works. Love what you have done and will have to see it in the flesh one day.

You have a good eye.

Thanks! I know exactly what you mean, not a fan of many bodykits either but really thought the Nismo one had potential without the great big red bits on it. :D

Just curious - did you get the Nismo badge from Nissan? It looks identical to the metal one I got and added to my front bumper having seen the one on the Mk 2 Nismo. I believe it was supposed to be a grill badge, but I removed the metal studs at the back so I could use it on the bumper. I got mine from Amazon for a modest £12 but it was surprisingly decent quality. :)

Bumper_zps365e4561.jpg

No I didn't get it from Nissan, just an eBay thing, it came with 3M sticky foam on the back rather than grill pins and I think its actually plastic rather than metal but does look identical to the one in your picture.

No I didn't get it from Nissan, just an eBay thing, it came with 3M sticky foam on the back rather than grill pins and I think its actually plastic rather than metal but does look identical to the one in your picture.

Probably the same maker then - thinking about it, mine is probably plastic but the studs were metal. Either way, they're surprisingly decent for the money. :)

few rough ideas for you...

nismoactually%20blue_zpsxssakxbq.jpg

nismoblue_zpsnnfjrfqn.jpg

Not sure if it's just the angle of the pc or the fact it's a blue car but not sure about that. Doesn't look quite right :dry: Maybe it only works well on nuetral coloured cars. Defnitely better without the red though either way!

• 2 months later...

Definitely stay standard and as ogman says de wiper but don't know about the de badge ( maybe a Z badge?)

I've had a Stillen nose cone but am leaving the standard ass alone, much more classy in my opinion.

You have a fabulous looking unique car at the moment, :) why turn it into a 2015 Nismo?

• Like 1

Definitely stay standard and as ogman says de wiper but don't know about the de badge ( maybe a Z badge?)

I've had a Stillen nose cone but am leaving the standard ass alone, much more classy in my opinion.

You have a fabulous looking unique car at the moment, :) why turn it into a 2015 Nismo?

Are you tuned yet jono