Thoughts on rim tape

hensh65

I heard someone speak about this on here last week can't remember who. Just wondering if anyone has done this to their Zed and where and what to buy? Looking to get orange tape but not sure how hard it would be either to fit it.

Cheers :teeth:

I believe its some kind of thin elastic tape so it bends without creasing. Personally im not a big fan, but I have seen some wheels that look awesome. I guess its just down to colour of car and wheels, and what type of wheels you got.

They are replica BBS 18" deep dish, they have a decent sized flat rim edge and thought orange would be nice. If It is ugly then it will just get peeled off :lol:

I did it for a while on mine, looked ok but made the 19's look smaller. It also started to come off after a few weeks which is probably my fault, maybe I didn't clean the surface well enough.

IMG_0864.jpg

Don't like rim tape at all tbh but the above actually look's good I think on that Zed with those wheels. ;) Confused now. :wacko::lol:

I on the other hand really like it. I say go for it. For the few quid it will cost, if you dont like it you can remove it, Also it will keep you entertained for an afternoon whilst you're doing it which is always good!

Exactly, that's what I did, cost less than a tenner to try it out. If I really liked it I'd bring it in to get them painted on.

Suits some cars, just need the right colour combo. As keyser has just posted a picture of his rim ( ooohhh eerrr captain :scare: ) it looks good and the same goes for Busters who I believe has rim tape.

As it doesnt cost much then no harm in trying it :teeth:

Edited by Humpy
  • Like 1

Orange tape on order, will update with picture next week when I get time to stick it.

just make sure you clean the crap out of the rims, like really scrub them, use degreaser if you have it, then clean again. It's pretty easy for crap to get behind it if it's not on well enough and then it starts to come off and look like a 50 pence piece lol

• Like 1