Bit of dilemma

Almeida1234

Hey gang I have bit of issue not sure what path to take

Got a good set of 18" workmeister s1 with 18x9.5 with 18 et and 18x10.5 with 24et to go on the zed. However I keep hearing people go on about 19" rims.

So I am wonder what will be the best option?

If I happened to 19 will it ruin the drivability of the zed? Pros and cons?

Read few articles but still undecided

Running 19 inch Rota GTRs on my zed having switched from 18 Rays two months ago. If anything I would say it feels even more planted and the handling has improved a little.

18s for go, 19s for show..

Payco

18s for go 19s for show lol

Have you actually put 19's on your Zed to back that up?

I run 19's with MPS2's and there was no difference what so ever after fitting them. A good tyre and a full alignment will make no difference to drive ability.

And "Go factor"... it make no difference at all. Put a Zed with 18s next to me and he wont get anywhere faster.

Maybe you should be more concerned about the weight of the rims themselves, rather than the diameter.

And yes 19 x 10 ET-7 will be fine with a rolled arch, mine on the rear are 19 x 10 -6 IIRC.

Edited by Dave-350

I run 19's with MPS2's and there was no difference what so ever after fitting them. A good tyre and a full alignment will make no difference to drive ability.

And "Go factor"... it make no difference at all. Put a Zed with 18s next to me and he wont get anywhere faster.

Maybe you should be more concerned about the weight of the rims themselves, rather than the diameter.

And yes 19 x 10 ET-7 will be fine with a rolled arch, mine on the rear are 19 x 10 -6 IIRC.

My 18" lmgt4 make the car alot more responsive than my 19" grids, but grids fill the arches better

My 18" lmgt4 make the car alot more responsive than my 19" grids, but grids fill the arches better

What is the weight of the Grids, what tyres were you using? So much more to factor in that just a simple wheel change.

Again, my 19's made no difference, but we are talking about a completely different wheel, setup, etc

I found that with 19" wheels on, my car did tramline a little more, and the steering felt slighty beefier, and the ride slightly more fidgety. The upside is great traction, and looks, however, the 18" Rays are really light, and as said, if you were going to track it on a regular basis, then id stick with the 18". Tyres are cheaper for 18" too. You would need to spend serious money to get 19" wheels anywhere near as light as the Rays.

Lol it was a general quote more than a scientific fact but generally a lighter wheel would respond quicker than a heavier one no? All comes down to wheel weight i guess, im sure you could get 19s that weigh less than a certain make of 18s in which case go for 19s but all depends on someone's budget and end goals, i would say my old jdm 17s were easier to go round corners than my current rota 18s though have more traction,grip and feel more planted than the 17s

Mmm good to know

Thanks gang

Get new barrels with a lovely stepped lip dish for your Meister centres buddy, a timeless wheel imho :)

I had kept my Work Rezax from my 7 for the 350, but ended up keeping the 19's it came with as the 18's look a little lost imho.