Zed insurance prices?

fairladyz2013

23, 2 years NCB 3 points, body kit and alloys included £800 :thumbs:

Postcode is a big factor :thumbs:

I hate this fact. I live in a little village but my postcode is the same as town centre so I get charged out the arse.

£1000 (I think) Admiral, 23, 6yrs NCB, no points.

• Like 1

Humm I think I'm gonna have to change companies next time it's due looking at some of these, I'm 52, 25 years no claims, no points, no convictions, living in a safe area, off road parking, under 6000 miles a year, loads of other cars I can use, no business miles.....................................£650 fully comp!!! :wacko:

Edited by Floydbax

Am 43, 12 years no claims, no points, no convictions, decent area, park on the drive, 5000 miles a year £240 fully comp protected.

Golden rule is NEVER automatically renew, shop around every year. I saved £70 by doing this.

Also, if you are living with a lady, try making her a named driver and see if that drops your price. It used to work - not sure if it still does.

To be honest I think this is rubbish. I'm positive insurance companies pull random figures out of the air. Never found much logic in any quotes when I've played around a bit with the meerkats :lol:

Funny you should say that. Mine's due shortly so I've started the merry-go-round, the meerkats gave me Admiral as the cheapest with x amount. I did the same quote but through Admiral directly online (identical details), it came to x amount +£30. I phoned them to confirm a couple of things, nothing was actually changed on the quote yet they "confirmed" a third figure (x amount -£9, incidentally).

I'll be seeing which random numbers the forum supporters can come up with in due course. :lol:

I know the comparison sites always do add a little bit extra on so it's always best to ring the top 3 and ask for their very best deals and try to put them against each other. No idea why going straight through Admirals online quote system added £9 on though!

I just hate how insurance companies work, trying to charge you a price they think you'll pay rather then their "best" deal.

Humm I think I'm gonna have to change companies next time it's due looking at some of these, I'm 52, 25 years no claims, no points, no convictions, living in a safe area, under 6000 miles a year, loads of other cars I can use, no business miles.....................................£650 fully comp!!! :wacko:

I think you should. I`m pretty much in exactly the same position and paid £250 in March with Privilege.

• Like 1

It's all system driven figures I work in insurance and sometimes it makes no sence, think post code is a big factor obviously car age and ncb aswell. But I pay a silly amount for my insurance I'm 26 6 years ncb no points and one accident and it's £ 1500. Unfortunately it is what it is and like sky said it's everyone's different risc assessment.

Yup, it's a minefield. I had a 1.4 Civic, non V-tec. The thing was absolutely gutless, probably about 65bhp. Changed a few cars since then and hit 25 years old, but I think my premium is up about £7 for the year when I bought the Zed.

Guess it's just the Tesco car park crews putting their Hondas into hedges that are ruining it for others. God knows.

To be honest I think this is rubbish. I'm positive insurance companies pull random figures out of the air. Never found much logic in any quotes when I've played around a bit with the meerkats :lol:

Ok, I admit it, we use a big tombola we keep in the corner of the office.. spin it, get a number, double it, divide by 6 and bob's your father's sister

• Like 4

Ok, I admit it, we use a big tombola we keep in the corner of the office.. spin it, get a number, double it, divide by 6 and bob's your father's sister

I KNEW it!!

;)

Can you divide mine by 7 though, please? Your random number selection wasn't quite as good as another's today. :lol:

I KNEW it!!

;)

Can you divide mine by 7 though, please? Your random number selection wasn't quite as good as another's today. :lol:

:) I'll PM you

• Like 1