Zed insurance prices?

fairladyz2013

I am 32 years old, 5 NCB, fully comp and pay 550 I am with esure .

When I had bmw 320 about 5 years ago I was paying 1200 with 0 NCB that time, after a year being with them I thought that price will drop as I earned 1 NCB but what happened price gone up from 1200 to 1500. I phoned them and asked why, they said coz a car got older...they just make excuses, after another year still being with them price gone up to 2500 lol didn't even bother to call and ask why and I changed insurer. I can't understand why one company offer you 500 quid and another 5000 why such a big difference in prices or one day they give you 500 and you check them a few days later and suddenly price is 1000. Why is that if nothing has changed.

Because they are money grabbing so and so's. I have never made a claim in over 20 years of driving, yet some younger members on here have had quotes cheaper than mine.

Aint that the truth, try this its fun!

Get a quote and tell them its got no alarm or immobiliser and wont be garaged.

Phone them back a week later, tell them you have had an alarm fitted and your wives car is sold and you can now garage the car, i pretty much guarantee it will make no difference, certainly in my experience anyway.

I have been paying the same price for about 10 years now, never crashed, 3 points i had now come off and still the same and its battle to even get it the same as the year before!!

Perhaps the insurance companies on here can tell me what high risk is?

• 2 weeks later...

Type of car does influence - for example, the Honda S2000 is a huge risk, generally because most drivers of the car don't realise what will happen if you hit the vtec when going round a bend. Many many written off cars - so this in particular is a high risk car.

Classic Impreza's are also considered high risk because of the amount of car you get for the money - It also became clear that because of the lower value - some drivers view them almost as disposable cars, this is obviously a huge concern to insurers.

"Crews putting Honda's into hedges" might be something that IS considered by insurers when they decide their rate for this car.

Many thanks

Chris

I don't suppose there is anyone in the E15 area ?

I'm moving there but I don't know whether to just lock the car up at a friends now :wacko:

Actually isn't as bad as expected, in fact miles from it !

Will post up once all done.

£280 fully comp ,30 , in Glasgow 8 years NCD work for a insurance company so I know the little tricks of the trade to help drive the price down

For example I have had a made up woman/Girlfriend on my policy for the past 4 years called Loraine :. She saves me about £50 a year ... Thanks Loraine

• 11 months later...

Can anyone tell me how much they paying for An import? I'm 27 with 7 years NCD plus 8 years clean licence...any ideas what I would be looking for ? Got the car but in the garage

There are too many variables to get a comparison buddy. Postcode, job, garaged, alarmed, do you have a tree in your garden, do you like cats or dogs, blah blah, its all a load of tosh if you ask me.

I am 44, car garaged & alarmed, no points or accidents, 12 years no claims, safest postcode etc and i see people paying half what i do, go figure!

• Like 1

Insurance costs is something I'll never understand. We're moving house next week and then my zed will have a lovely garage to live in ( currently a parking space). Guess what? Insurance is actually going up by £50 per year. Where's the logic?

The "logic" is two fold; firstly it gives any would-be thieves a nice secluded area to work undisturbed and unspotted in to take as much time as they need. Secondly, you're statically more lively to drive into the garage wall if you're aiming for a big hole in the front of it than if you're just abandoning the car on a drive.

For the latter you can thank the useless, idiot drivers for your additional cost.

• Like 1