Holes in the law.

OsakaBen

I understand that using your mobile while driving is dangerous. Not only are you using one hand but your mind is also elsewhere. However when it's illegal to drink a cup of coffee while driving because you only have the use of 1 hand. Isn't this just utter crap!? It's deemed unsafe in UK Law.

In that case all disabled drivers with 1 arm should not be allowed to drive. Right!?

Just seems we're getting slightly silly lately.

Rant over haha

Its not about driving with one hand, its the fact that you will spend more time looking at your phone searching for a contact, or texting than the road.

The amount of people I see driving while fidgeting with there Sat navs... shortly they will ban sat navs too and listening to music, people wont be allowed to talk to passengers... all cars will become automatics... where will it end!

Edited by SkylineV35

Imo drinking a cup of coffee or any other hot drink from a cup is a bit of a daft thing to do whilst driving. What if you spill it on your c**k? bound to distract you from the road. :lol: Not exactly the same as having a drink from a bottled cold drink. :)

haha then they will have to ban women from wearing low cut tops and short skirts... the amount of people that slow down when they see a "hot" chick... nearly curb crawling speeds!!

I did my naughty boy course a few months ago and they told me that you are technically still breaking a law by using a mobile phone with a hands free kit unless you specifically have steering wheel controls. Even then it can be used against you in a prosecution situation.

For example they cited a bloke who crashed into another car who jumped a red when this drivers was on green.

The law stated that he was not driving with due car and attention as he did not check the junction was safe to proceed and was also found to have been not he phone at the time of the crash WITH a hands free kit.

The law sucks bone

I did my naughty boy course a few months ago and they told me that you are technically still breaking a law by using a mobile phone with a hands free kit unless you specifically have steering wheel controls. Even then it can be used against you in a prosecution situation.

For example they cited a bloke who crashed into another car who jumped a red when this drivers was on green.

The law stated that he was not driving with due car and attention as he did not check the junction was safe to proceed and was also found to have been not he phone at the time of the crash WITH a hands free kit.

The law sucks bone

Surely drivers can make a change to the law somehow? so whatever law they makeup we just got to follow? kind of sucks what happened to democracy?!

The law sucks bone

Surely drivers can make a change to the law somehow? so whatever law they makeup we just got to follow? kind of sucks what happened to democracy?!

Yip.

They also told us that if you pull up on the hard shoulder you are technically still breaking the law talking on your phone, engine off and keys in your hand. The keys must be out of the vehicle (I'm sure that's bollocks though)

This is actual footage* of what happens when you driving without full focus :lol:

*not actual footage.

Haha iv done that with a cigarette before lmao

What film is that? looks hilarious!

The Big Lebowski, one of my favourites. Easily in my All Time Top 5. If you've not seen it, get it quick!

This is actual footage* of what happens when you driving without full focus :lol:

*not actual footage.

The Big Lebowski, one of my favourites. Easily in my All Time Top 5. If you've not seen it, get it quick!

Noted thanks will watch it once im done nightshift! =)

* http://www.solarmovie.so/watch-the-big-lebowski-1998.html issit this one?

Edited by SkylineV35

*not actual footage.

Noted thanks will watch it once im done nightshift! =)

* http://www.solarmovie.so/watch-the-big-lebowski-1998.html issit this one?

That's it. When you're done, if you enjoyed it, dig out Raising Arizona too.

Edited by SuperStu
  • Like 1

I heard if you run out of petrol you get done aswel!?! think it comes under driving without due care and attention too!

Only on the motorway.

Also, carrying on driving in a motorway lane that has an X above it on the gantry carries the same penalty as jumping a red light. I didn't know that until the other day.

I heard if you run out of petrol you get done aswel!?! think it comes under driving without due care and attention too!

Only on the motorway.

Also, carrying on driving in a motorway lane that has an X above it on the gantry carries the same penalty as jumping a red light. I didn't know that until the other day.

Ahh i see...another excuse for the service stations on motorways to pump up the price! :dry:

il watch for those X's then! :p

I drove home this eve 5.5 miles in London..just kept a note of what I found, now draw your own conclusions. :scare:

16 drivers on mobile phones, and I'm sure there's more which I didn't see.

9 bicycles without lights, one had a rear one but no front. How stupid given that 6 have been killed in London in a week.

3 bicycles who could not be bothered to stop at a red light. Amazed it was only 3..!!

12 cars with one headlight. (That's unbelievable..my son said its down to buying cheap bulbs from China.)

4 cars with only one rear light or one brake light.

2 cars WITH NO LIGHTS.

4 cars driving with FULL HEADLIGHTS ON..!

DID NOT SEE ONE POLICE CAR..!!

Keep safe out there and watch out for the idiots who couldn't give a sh1T about driving safe... :surrender: :surrender:

I drove home this eve 5.5 miles in London..just kept a note of what I found, now draw your own conclusions. :scare:

16 drivers on mobile phones, and I'm sure there's more which I didn't see.

9 bicycles without lights, one had a rear one but no front. How stupid given that 6 have been killed in London in a week.

3 bicycles who could not be bothered to stop at a red light. Amazed it was only 3..!!

12 cars with one headlight. (That's unbelievable..my son said its down to buying cheap bulbs from China.)

4 cars with only one rear light or one brake light.

2 cars WITH NO LIGHTS.

4 cars driving with FULL HEADLIGHTS ON..!

DID NOT SEE ONE POLICE CAR..!!

Keep safe out there and watch out for the idiots who couldn't give a sh1T about driving safe... :surrender: :surrender:

I hate those people with full headlights on!!! grrrrrrr!!!! :rant:

The law sucks bone

Due care and attention is a different offence to the phone thing , its illegal to use ie have in your hand any device that can receive or transmit data , that includes iPod touch or even using the phone as a MP3 player it's not illegal to use a phone in a cradle or hands free kit

I would take a lot of what you hear on one of those courses with a large grain of salt

Anything that draws your attention from driving has no place IMO , my mum was nearly killed by a guy who crossed into her path whilst opening a pack of sandwiches, it's easily done and only takes a second

The law sucks bone

What are these courses like? I've got to do one because I.. Was driving too slow.. Sort of sounds interesting tbh.