It begins... RB2's 370z

Richie-B

So I've had my zed for a couple of months now and I am really happy with it. I've a varied car past but I've been heavily into BMW''s for the past few years. I've just sold on my e46 M3 and replaced it with my 370z but I decided its time for a change. I've always loved the 350 and fell for the 370 once I had seen one in the flesh

So here it is when I picked it up from the dealers

20130809_144132_zpsdbef6358.jpg

So first off I gave it a good Wash.

20130916_151932_zpsb7940812.jpg

20130916_151950_zps0e898b51.jpg

20130916_152023_zps99df929b.jpg

I then got it out for some photos before I get the mods starts. I am lucky enough to have a friend who is handy with a camera.

PhotoWizardCreated_zps2143319f.jpg

photo_zps67f167da.jpg

IMG_96453480274243-1_zps49cfb89f.jpg

IMG_96866723959273_zpsdfa9f8c4.jpg

I then fitted a reverse camera because I miss my parking sensors but didn't fancy drilling holes in the bumper and since I had all the boot trim out I fitted some sound deadening but I didn't take any pics when I had it stripped out.

camera_zps7fba8f3c.jpg

I then got it dyno'ed to get a baseline. Came in a bit low for a 370z's book at 309.9bhp but I am happy enough with it for now

photo_zps9c1489a0.jpg

370zdyno1001_zps8598ab94.jpg

Then I Plasti diped the badges. I wanted to have a play about with the stuff after seeing it on youtube. Its pretty funky stuff but not sure how long it will last for.

20131108_111628_zpsbe3c3c4c.jpg

20131108_105801_zps69d8e969.jpg

I took delivery of this on Friday. Its the Milltek none res.

20131115_172523_zpsfd6c7eae.jpg

and got it fitted today. I so glad I went with the none res as its just right.. The resonator version can't be much louder than oem

2013-11-17142753_zps70551f7d.png

20131117_140220_zps0bef9c2f.jpg

TBC

Edited by Richie-B
  • Like 1

Would you mind sharing a little more on the sound deadening? What did you use? I`m shocked at how much road noise there is on the 370z compared to the 350z. I`m still running the original bridgestones whilst awaiting the mpss's which I know will help a bit. I`ve also ordered a second boot mat which should help further. But would be interested to hear of your results.

Would you mind sharing a little more on the sound deadening? What did you use? I`m shocked at how much road noise there is on the 370z compared to the 350z. I`m still running the original bridgestones whilst awaiting the mpss's which I know will help a bit. I`ve also ordered a second boot mat which should help further. But would be interested to hear of your results.

If you can source the rubbery carpet stuff the Germans use on the arch liners that will also help. Dynamat will help but a barrier or other things like luxury liner are better IMO for road noise.

I used vibe stuff because my local car part shop sells it and I get a discount there. I basically stripped all the trim out the back and stuck the stuff down on every surface I could. Its like a sticky putty that's got a fail covering to it. It has defiantly helped but the stuff wasn't cheap

I used vibe stuff because my local car part shop sells it and I get a discount there. I basically stripped all the trim out the back and stuck the stuff down on every surface I could. Its like a sticky putty that's got a fail covering to it. It has defiantly helped but the stuff wasn't cheap

Ok thanks, glad to hear that you didn`t used egg cartons & styrene balls

• Like 1

I went and said hello to Ewen at clark motorsports today. Really sound guy.

I picked up a set of Eibach anti roll bars for the zed. I just need the weather to give it a break and I'll get them fitted

20131126_140153_zpsd4b833a0.jpg

I really need to give the car parts a rest until after xmas.... An induction kit would be nice haha