It begins... RB2's 370z

Richie-B

Is that an s-tune replica or the real deal? Will look awesome, I love the s-tune kit and I'm between that and the amuse, but finding a reasonable rep over here is tough.

And yeah if you could speak to the guy that would be perfect as I'm planning to do this ASAP (I park on street and as you'll know visibility is extremely poor, but mostly its just a gadget that I really want to have :D)

How much work was the install, the trim I'm not too woried about as I've done several audio installs before, its taking apart the dashboard I'm worried about?

I bought a loom through a guy on another forum and a camera from eBay for £17. So all in I was under £80. The loom the guy makes is spot on and plug and play. I am sure I can speak to the guy for you if you needed one

I tried following something I'd read 'somewhere' on t'interweb and bought a camera off fleabay for £15 then just added the wires to the back of the nav display and changed the settings in the secret menu, works a treat! 😄

post-20289-139032071515_thumb.jpg

post-20289-139032073566_thumb.jpg

post-20289-139032076854_thumb.jpg

post-20289-139032108122_thumb.jpg

Is that an s-tune replica or the real deal? Will look awesome, I love the s-tune kit and I'm between that and the amuse, but finding a reasonable rep over here is tough.

And yeah if you could speak to the guy that would be perfect as I'm planning to do this ASAP (I park on street and as you'll know visibility is extremely poor, but mostly its just a gadget that I really want to have :D)

How much work was the install, the trim I'm not too woried about as I've done several audio installs before, its taking apart the dashboard I'm worried about?

The install is really quite easy, and taking the centre console/dash apart was much easier than expected. Two screws at the end nearest the back of the seats either side of the console, unclip the gear stick surround (prise up, from handbrake end first, and unclip) then remove the rest of the screws (about 8, all now visible). Pull the nav surround panel (with vents in) away from the dash starting at the bottom and working upwards

So slow progress with the bumper but I have received and fitted my carbon B pillar covers from seibon.

I was expecting them to be a direct replacement for the OEM B pillar covers but they are actually a b pillar cover cover. The are smoothed backed so they needed bonded to the oem covers.

I am happy with the finish. I had funked up on of my covers in a failed wrapping attempt so these hide the damage nicely.

real vs wrap

cfvs4m_zps5c301f57.jpg

bonding, I used masking tape to prevent any bond getting on the nice and shiney carbon

75_zps42ee7ab0.jpg

Diamonds are a girls best friend surely weaved carbon is a mans,

cfsm2_zps01983873.jpg

cfsm1_zpsbf5d7e81.jpg

cf5_zpsb3555367.jpg

My top tip for removal of these covers are pull on the clip at the very top and once that unclips push the cover down.. I didn't do this on my first one and ended up with it in three bits

Edited by Richie-B
  • Like 2

Thanks to Ewen at clark Motorsports (Again)

I popped round to see him yesterday and left very happy with a set of 20mm eibach spacers, a set of 25mm spacers and some eibach lowering springs. Not had time to do the springs yet due to another project but the spacers are on

before

spa_zpsd0eb68f4.jpg

spa1_zpsc046b39a.jpg

after

spa3_zpsb7227038.jpg

spa4_zpsa438c7b7.jpg

Edited by Richie-B