It begins... RB2's 370z

Richie-B

Nice to meet you today Richie, let me know how you get on with them :)

Nice one Ewen will do. I am sure i'll be back round in the future for other bits and bobs

you will like the Eibach ARBS, they really sharpen the 370's handling best mod for money in my opinion.

Cheers Kev, I hope so.. I have read good things about them.. Which setting do you have them set to?

• 3 weeks later...

As I am now running MPSS I have to say they are much noisier on most surfaces than the Sesstanas and just as noisey, if not more so than the Stones. That said, the grip is in a different league.

Interesting. That wasn't my experience of the MPSSs although I was comparing them to a fairly worn set of Bridgestones. The new Bridgestones on the Nismo are quieter than I was expecting.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Awesome looking car mate, headlights look fantastic, and the short plate really neatens up the front.

A fellow Aberdonian, I just picked up my Z from Newcastle, it seems we have similar taste :D

I'm considering the miltek non-res but I'm worried it'll be a little too quiet for my taste.

Dan

yeah I only just trust them enough to dyno the car. I wouldn't let them do any software on the car.

I keep hearing they are better nowadays but I am old enough to know them since they first started up and heard some horror stories.

I know its changed hands a couple of times

I just get the feeling they wing it a lot.

yeah the milltek none res is pretty quiet by after market exhaust standard. I am happy to meet up and let you hear mine.. It sounds sweet on full chat though..

Sorry ive not updated the thread in a while.

The anti roll bars are a great mod. The car just loves turning corners now and I would recommend them highly.

Thanks for all the comments on the head lights. The carbon bits are just wrapped in gloss carbon wrap but look the part.

It was such a pain in the a$$ to do that I wouldn't be keen to do this to other folks cars. The cost of a replacement unit is scary and if I cocked it up on my own car that would be bad but to do it on someone elses and scrap a £1200 headlight that would suck.

you just need to be brave and go for it.

The end result is worth the hassle.

My next mod is in the shed waiting on the bodyshop to able to fit it. but that's all I'll say jut now.

A pic from today after a spit and polish

654D114E-5E9E-4888-BAC0-92056303B8C0_zps4ajia11c.jpg

Edited by Richie-B

Yeah that would be awesome, I'd love to hear it in person.

What was your bumper like behind the front plate bracket? I'm worried mine will have rubbed and the short plate will reveal marks.

I've ordered a US front number plate holder for my shortened plate to go on so I hope its ok, cost £60!

It wasn't bad. Nothing a bit of polish wouldn't fix. You'll be fine if you sticking on the us holder. When you take the holder off there is 2 triangle holes in the bumper and a wee bracket. Kinda stopped my plan but I am away to get the holes filled and the bumper resprayed

Ive got my hands on this

20140116_094841_zpsee2549bb.jpg

20140116_095446_zps33de1a1e.jpg

It needs a bit of work to get it right but it should look like this once its done.

blf-n3709ns-pu_13.7.5_4.jpg

I am also getting the holes filled and smoothed so I can move the plate. which works out as theres a few stone chips and scratched on it so it will freshen it up nice

I did want the nismo front bumper but this was a deal I couldn't say no to

• Like 1