Most comfortable seats that fit a 350Z?

andysmee

The reason I'm selling my Zed (did I mention that much yet B) ) is partly because I don't get on with the seats, and the Zed I've got isn't one I want to modify...so, I know it's a really subjective area, but which are the most comfortable seats that fit a 350Z?

The problem I have with the (2005) GT seats are that the bucket dimensions are too small for my frame, they appear designed for Japanese small-framed young gentlemen, with narrow shoulders and a tiny backside....I, on the other hand, have a normal good British posterior and broad shoulders which don't appreciate being bent inwards for any length of time. Also, the lumbar is aggressive and appears to try push my back forwards halfway up, leaving my shoulders away from the top of the seat. The nearest I have come to comfort is by being almost bolt upright, but I cannot find any position that fits.

So, are the facelift seats better/different? are the 370Z seats larger framed? or are the GT-R seats an option?

Am I completely alone on this one!?

Andy

I have Honda accord type R recaro's in my car. I have quite a large frame also. My back is very wide and normal buckets do not fit me well.

I can't imagine the zeds leather being too snug though? They're barely bucket seats. I was sliding out them when driving spirited etc

I have Honda accord type R recaro's in my car. I have quite a large frame also. My back is very wide and normal buckets do not fit me well.

I can't imagine the zeds leather being too snug though? They're barely bucket seats. I was sliding out them when driving spirited etc

You should see Neil in my Bride seats :lol: it took a while to get him out again as well :lol:

GTR seats can be fitted with a little effort :)

• Like 2

You should see Neil in my Bride seats :lol: it took a while to get him out again as well :lol:

GTR seats can be fitted with a little effort :)

I cant get my legs by the steering wheel in a car with brides fitted :lol: My arse is too big also :lol:

they don't look especially adjustable. I was hoping that I'd be okay with the Zed seats as they have two adjustments for the seat base, but it's a weird adjustment, down at the back and up at the front. i actually need a seat base that is short (short legs) and can tilt slightly down or at least level, opening the waist, and a negative lumbar (long body) as my back doesn't naturally bend that much.

This is an ongoing battle with cars, the best fit have been my Alfa 159 Ti daily (current) which has what I would call and "active" position, and my dad swears by Volvo seats. The worst I've had was an Audi A6, but the car was awful to drive too, so didn't last long.

I had the same problem with the RX-7, but solved it by padding the seat base to lift me higher in the bucket and then was fine for long journeys.

Thanks for your help

Andy

• Like 1

The problem I have with the (2005) GT seats are that the bucket dimensions are too small for my frame, they appear designed for Japanese small-framed young gentlemen, with narrow shoulders and a tiny backside....I, on the other hand, have a normal good British posterior and broad shoulders which don't appreciate being bent inwards for any length of time. Also, the lumbar is aggressive and appears to try push my back forwards halfway up, leaving my shoulders away from the top of the seat. The nearest I have come to comfort is by being almost bolt upright, but I cannot find any position that fits.

Am I completely alone on this one!?

Andy

Just so you don't feel alone, that is an exact description of my thoughts on the seats. I'm 6'2 and the seats roll my shoulders forward and the side grips push my lower ribs in on long drives. I'm far to lazy to change them though.

I tend to keep cars for many years and the most comfy so far have been Alfa 155 seats, so that's 2 votes for Alfas. :)

they don't look especially adjustable. I was hoping that I'd be okay with the Zed seats as they have two adjustments for the seat base, but it's a weird adjustment, down at the back and up at the front. i actually need a seat base that is short (short legs) and can tilt slightly down or at least level, opening the waist, and a negative lumbar (long body) as my back doesn't naturally bend that much.

This is an ongoing battle with cars, the best fit have been my Alfa 159 Ti daily (current) which has what I would call and "active" position, and my dad swears by Volvo seats. The worst I've had was an Audi A6, but the car was awful to drive too, so didn't last long.

I had the same problem with the RX-7, but solved it by padding the seat base to lift me higher in the bucket and then was fine for long journeys.

Thanks for your help

Andy

They have electric up and down front and back unlike the OEM setup.

Heavy Duty grip material to stop you slidding around as requested by Nissan GTR test driver's.

I suffer from sever Ankylosing Spondylitis and with the OEM ones after an hour the base of my spine was burning.

Thus far no problems with these seats. :)

I think it's also a height thing, I'm 6'2" and find my head brushes the roof no matter how I sit, I'm not fortunate enough to have leather seats but mine are perfectly comfortable even for my "slim"!?!? Build, but have to agree about Volvo and Alfa seats. Current work car is a volvo and I do 1, 000+ miles a week in that with no probs.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

both i and my bessie mate, (who has the most rediculous rx-7 ever) , both have legit bride seats.

i have a hardback and he has a recliner

cant recommend them enough - 500 miles back from scotland and my back was fine,

and they're sexy as hell!!!!! :teeth: