Autumnal run out

AK350Z

There's a nip in the air, and I'm nowhere near Pearl Harbour. (Apologies! :blush: )

Thought I'd have a wee run out as it was sunny. There's a stiff north wind blowing, and the temps are back down to single figures. My new pads need bedding in, so I headed off to Hartside and a bit of shopping nearby.

I must say, I hadn't yet tried any real shenanigans on the Falken 452s fitted to the "Team" LMGT4s since buying them in the spring. After today I can definitely say they don't have the outright grip of the RE050s, by some margin in fact, although it was pretty cold. What they did do however, was break away lovely and smoothly at the limit. No spikyness, just really progressive and easy to gather up. It really made for fun times at sane speeds on the second gear corners, especially the one below!

Might get round to buying the Super Sports next summer, the Falkens are getting on a bit now, but I'll certainly be looking to have another trip out soon. :drive1:

Think this might be a calendar entry?

678cefdf-b715-4328-9bad-f936690afcf9_zps672d08ee.jpg

Melmerby Bakery...

IMG_0012_zps13181d94.jpg

...for tea and cake! ;)

IMAG0012_zps1a9a0ddb.jpg

One more of that lovely hairpin, just ignore the, err, slightly marked tarmac. :teeth:

IMG_0001_zps2bbbfeea.jpg

• Like 4

Cheers guys, it's one of my favourite treats to head over there. And as Dave noticed, the cakes (or indeed the fry-up at Hartside cafe) don't do any harm either!

I though christmas had come early the other year when they re-surfaced the majority of the pass, that hairpin is perfect, like something you'd find on a circuit. Almost perfect sighting, especially coming up - there's virtually no danger of missing someone coming the other way. Nice and wide, with not to much gradient, so you can even have a wee go coming downhill too.

Anyone half decent with photoshop etc? For the calendar entry I could do with the originals jazzed up a bit - just basic stuff like saturation, colour balance etc, I can't do it. Maybe a job for Andrew?? (Clown)

Thats the last corner before the final run up to the cafe heading back over to the hexam side - seriously must of done that road over 1000 times on my bike, its got to be one of the best twisties in the North.

I have mentioned before, this would be a great place for a central England Zed meet for North East - North West - Scotland & the Borders but it would have to be prior to the snow :lol: , im sure everyone from the recent pearl harbour meet on wednesday could organise a orderly drive up from the Newcastle area.

And before you think you can - just wave the bike past cause you will never get to the cafe first :wacko: . Driving within the speed limits at all times ;).

I am up for a drive out anytime that suits