Can someone lockup my credit/debit cards for me please?

wmr1980

I've already created a shopping list (on excel :blush: ) of the things I want to do for my zed... I know it won't add value to my car, I know it's just personal tweaking (apart from the few performance ones) and I know the car is already good enough but I can't help it. When I had my mx5, I put a turbo in there with full breathing mods, brake and suspension upgrades (236bhp B) with a weight over just over 1,000Kg made it for a fun drive! ;) ).

My list now has nearly 20 items... What is it about this forum, this car, or cars I own in general that makes me want to spend money like it's going out of fashion?! :D

Edited by wmr1980

I daren't put the numbers down in excel, I think of it in terms of disposable income at any single point in time. Otherwise I'd probably struggle to sleep at night, fortunately I feel like I'm reaching the end of that journey. Always remember though, anything that makes you smile, free or otherwise, is a win!

I was fortunate I didnt spend much on my zed, mainly because to get much more power out of the 313 you`d end up spending a small fortune. The car was also a 2007 minter worth around £13k so I didnt want to devalue it by adding a bodykit or anything like that.

However, with my Renault 5 GT Turbo, when I first started modding that back when I was a lad, I ended up spending 4 times what the car cost on it and that was nearly all "under the skin". It ended up with 220bhp and twice the power-to-weight ratio of a lotus elise, and with FWD it was pretty mental. How I justified it was that back then there was no way id be able to go out & buy a car off the shelf anywhere near as quick as that for the money it cost me to build. In fact, you only "loose" money on it when you come to sell the car, and thats probably why ive never sold it and still have it in the corner of my workshop. :lol:

• Like 1

The spreadsheet could have gone two ways... Make me not want to spend any money and just keep it as it is... Or, as I feared, (and planned) allowed me to plan my spending to get all the things I want! It's a mix of performance (standard zed performance stuff, I'm not going the FI route... I really am not!), and personalisation. The problem is I have a thing for carbon bits... And they cost lots! :lol:

Ah well, I caught zeditis before I even bought the car. I think I've had moditis from birth, it's a congenital thing, and I don't want to be cured.

Ahh, yes.

My car's purchase price was £6.2k when I bought her in early 2011. I keep a complete spreadsheet record of presents, parts, services, tax, petrol etc, and total cost of ownership at last summation was ....£19.9k.... only £4.5k of that is petrol and £2k for all taxes, insurance etc.

My baby, she gets a lot of presents :lol: amazing how it adds up!

I also have a wish list and an alarming figure for one certain ..cough.. FI with supporting mods contemplation (should have taken the plunge and bought Octet's vortech at the time - although zeds are plenty fast enough)

Totally worth it, and what else is money for?

• Like 1

The way I look at it is that I don't drink. So when my college friends/work colleagues were out puking £50 a night onto the pavement through drink I was spending my money on car parts which I can sell off later if needs be, although it will be a loss, it's not as much of a loss as spending it on drink! :lol:

• Like 1

Think I added up the main mod bits on my Zed when I had it when I got to £4k ish I stopped as I didnt want to give myself a heart attack...although I am sure there are guys on here who have spent x3 that!

3 x £4k? That's about the cost of supercharging a HR with the single SC GTM kit. :(

I got my car in Feb this year and by August I had spend half the value of the car in mods !

This forum isn't good for the wallet ! :teeth:

lightweight :p

I've spent 3 times the value of the car in Mods - and I'm still adding to them - and the wife now has a roadster and an SC kit slowly coming together for it :lol:

Zeditis is not a disease its a curse :lol:

• Like 1

Whatever you do, never ever NEVER input the total cost of what you've spent on a car into excel. You'll cry for hours :(

Do you need a hug?

If that hug comes with a few thousand pounds of cash, then I'd frickin love a hug! :console:

Hmmm business plan, have a hug and give money, I reckon that'll take off! :lol:

Whatever you do, never ever NEVER input the total cost of what you've spent on a car into excel. You'll cry for hours :(

Do you need a hug?

If that hug comes with a few thousand pounds of cash, then I'd frickin love a hug! :console:

Hmmm business plan, have a hug and give money, I reckon that'll take off! :lol:

If you go to dark street corners in some major towns you can get way more than a hug for way less than a few thousand!

• Like 1

If you go to dark street corners in some major towns you can get way more than a hug for way less than a few thousand!

Any recommendations? ;)

Excuse me! I think you'll find I live in Surrey's finest town of Woking! Nothing like that goes on around here!

Because everyone is always stabbing each other as soon as they get within arms length....

I was fortunate I didnt spend much on my zed, mainly because to get much more power out of the 313 you`d end up spending a small fortune. The car was also a 2007 minter worth around £13k so I didnt want to devalue it by adding a bodykit or anything like that.

You were very sensible, you knew you wouldn't be keeping your Zed for very long, unlike some on here who spend a fortune then 6 months later are selling up. I never spent much on any of my previous cars because I knew I'd get the itch 12 months later but now I'm retired I know I can't afford to be changing my car every 12 -24 months.

Pete