Paranormal, Ghosts and stuff

StevoD

So far today we've had topics on life, religion, death, the after life, the universe and now the supernatural.

So, Father Christmas and The Tooth Fairy. Discuss :p

I'm 99% sure a ghost picked me up out of bed, took me across the room, then put me down on my rocking lion when I was a youngster.

I screamed and screamed and screamed, was chuffing terrifying. Cue the mocking, probably deserved, but I can remember it like it was yesterday and I have no other reasoned explanation for it.

I'm 99% sure a ghost picked me up out of bed, took me across the room, then put me down on my rocking lion when I was a youngster.

I screamed and screamed and screamed, was chuffing terrifying. Cue the mocking, probably deserved, but I can remember it like it was yesterday and I have no other reasoned explanation for it.

Sure it wasnt just SMD, he has some weird tendencies.... ;)

I have a weird story like that! Im a rational kind of chap, i dont believe in ghosts or heaven or any of that nonsense :lol:

But i did have an experience that will stay with me the rest of my life that i cannot come up with any realistic excuse for :scare:

About 3 years ago i was seeing a girl that lived in a house in the centre of bath, i drove down every other weekend to see her and shed come up the others. The house (like most the houses in bath) was extremely old.

So one evening getting ready to go out i went into the bathroom, locked the door and had a shower, after the shower i got dried and put on a pair of boxer shorts ... nothing else. Then i began brushing my teeth. so stood brushing my teeth something touched me at the top of my leg/ arse, it wasnt a stroke or rub past it was a very distinct touch ... so convincing that without even a thought i turned around and smiled at what i genuinely expected to be Vicky (girlfriend at the time). Quickly i realised that obviously the door was shut and locked from my side and theres no way she could get in ... duh! the window was also shut tight and all i was wearing was the boxer shorts ... nothing else was even close to me other than the sink which i was stood in front of :wacko:

The ONLY plausible explanation i could possibly conjure up was that there was a crease in my boxer shorts that unfolded and gave me the sensation of someone touching me!

But, as much as every part of me wants to accept that as the explanation ... the feeling of a crease unfolding wouldn't linger, wouldn't be so prominent and wouldnt induce a reaction :unsure:

I mean eh? :cry:

Still dont want to believe in a mad concept like ghosts :lol: .... but i have been left wondering B)

My brothers a Royal Marine Commando ... hes got some pretty nuts ghost stories told from experiences :scare:

So I'm pretty sceptical to be fair however a couple of years back I was in quite an old pub in chester with a few friends from work

We were all sat around a round table when my pint slid across the table towards me, I held out my hand ready to catch but before it got to the edge it began to tip over. I caught it just as it started to spill.

I laughed but a couple of people had seen it too and couldn't explain it. I put it down to a wet bottom of the glass (fresh pint)

The next round I asked the batman if anything strange had ever happened and he said in the room we were in there were stories of a little girl pouring drinks over men and smashing glasses.

I have put this down as just one of those things and the bar staff making up stories to help bring custom in.

The name of the pub is the custom house on watergate street in chester if any of the locals have heard similar.

I also have a memory from my childhood but I'm not sure if that's my memory playing tricks or not.

Edited by Fodder
  • Like 1

So I'm pretty sceptical to be fair however a couple of years back I was in quite an old pub in chester with a few friends from work

We were all sat around a round table when my pint slid across the table towards me, I held out my hand ready to catch but before it got to the edge it began to tip over. I caught it just as it started to spill.

I laughed but a couple of people had seen it too and couldn't explain it. I put it down to a wet bottom of the glass (fresh pint)

The next round I asked the batman if anything strange had ever happened and he said in the room we were in there were stories of a little girl pouring drinks over men and smashing glasses.

I have put this down as just one of those things and the bar staff making up stories to help bring custom in.

The name of the pub is the custom house on watergate street in chester if any of the locals have heard similar.

I also have a memory from my childhood but I'm not sure if that's my memory playing tricks or not.

I love the fact that Batman worked in your pub

• Like 6

I just watched the counjuring :scare:

Have to sleep with the light on tonight....

Me & Mrs just watched this, good film, best horror I've seen for sometime.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Agreed for once it lived up to the hype, not sure I would have paid to go and see it, I hate watching horror films at the cinema, too many over the top people screaming at every little thing!

The average horror movie stops being a horror movie if you turn the sound off.

As it happens i believe there is an afterlife and there are ghosts and the paranormal exisits but it can only affect your mind as they are not pysical.

You can quite easliy be frightened to death by them as they play on your mind but you cant be physically harmed by something that is not real in the sense of being an actual mass or substance.

Lets face it a wispy cloud appearing as an image of a person cannot pick up a bat and smack you round the head with it but it is quite capable of making you believe it can do it.

Its your brain that plays tricks on you in the same way that i am now getting goose bumps as i think about this when i type it.

I always thought the exorcist was just about the scariest movie i had seen as to me its believable but that could be because of my age and the things we were told or taught when we were growing up. ( Back to religion again)

My kids never thought it was all that though....lol

Times change peoples perceptions of fear i guess.