No amount of decals will make it a Nismo.....

fellsteruk

Well, at least thats what the wife keeps telling me... I have a Nismo trapped inside the body of a GT i am sure of it...lol

I am sure i am not the only one "Please tell me i am not" who likes to add Nismo badges to their car, dont get me wrong i dont think i have gone over the top (One in grilll, one on rear bumper, nismo valve caps and nismo car mats) Anyway I attempted to sneak a small purchase past the wife, got a chrome nismo badge for the rear of the zed had it fitted for all of an hour before i got:

"Whats that red spot on your car..." no matter how much i tried she knew it was new... Then proceed to tell me how other zed owners would laugh at me because i am trying to make my zed look like a nismo version... To be honest i was actually impressed she knew such a thing existed however you are all laughing at me apparently...

Tell me i am not alone :)

post-19384-0-12004700-1374688293_thumb.jpg

You know what your going to have to do now, go and buy a full nismo kit and nismo wheels then people won't laugh at you. You should get a Type R badge for the other side :)

Edited by Pete87
  • Like 1

You know what your going to have to do now, go and buy a full nismo kit and nismo wheels then people won't laugh at you. You should get a Type R badge for the other side :)

^^^^^^

THIS!!

• Like 1

Dont take the pi@@ "Type R"

To be honest i am actually in the process of trying to source a nismo body kit so it will come in time :)

Out of interest what is the difference between a normal GT zed and a Nismo zed, is it just body kit and tunned slightly different?

Dont take the pi@@ "Type R"

To be honest i am actually in the process of trying to source a nismo body kit so it will come in time :)

Out of interest what is the difference between a normal GT zed and a Nismo zed, is it just body kit and tunned slightly different?

It also has Nismo decals ;) unlike the GT.

:lol:

I have a Nismo V2 front and skirts. I have 1 Nismo badge and that sits on the bumper. The rest of the car is currently de-badged till I get my Tommy K put back on the boot hatch.

Nismo tuning isn't much to write home about. As tuning companies go they one of the laziest.

The RS380 was the one to have for upgrades. But Nissan knew that and whacked a hefty price tag on it.

I hate everything about it Nismo stupid word, I don't like the most of the kits but that's just my styling but one Nisfart badge is enough I think the bloody trouble is they badge it all up so the car has got 10 or even more Nis.. Emblems on but hey if someone likes it like that then who are we to question :thumbs:

One of my first jobs was to remove a Nismo badge from the previous owner. I have no Nismo, so I can't have a badge. If they float your boat though, go for it and take the gentle ribbing on the chin. It's your beast, so it's your call...

Oh, and get some proper Nismo to go with them!

• Like 1

Guess she was right then :)

Well the badge was cheaper than body kit, so badge first kit 2nd. I actually like the nismo badges but appreciate its a taste thing. Most likely will gain the body kit in stages as I source the kit in bits and bobs. Have some gratis body shop time in September ;)

There were several Nismo editions of the 350Z but they were never sold in The U.K. Back in 2005 The S-Tune Nismo was announced for The U.K market at £50,000, Nissan brought one over for the journalists to test drive but nothing was ever heard of it again although it was sold in Japan and The U.S and I don't know of any that were imported. They were nothing special really, 296 engine and lots of tweaks here and there but difficult to justify a 20k premium over a GT. The 380RS (around 340 bhp)was a very limited production model, only 300 made and only sold in Japan and I believe that for some reason they couldn't be imported due to U.K regulations (although I did hear that at least one did find it's way over here).

Pete

Edited by JetSet

Nismo tuning isn't much to write home about. As tuning companies go they one of the laziest.

The RS380 was the one to have for upgrades. But Nissan knew that and whacked a hefty price tag on it.

You obviously dont know about Nismo's involvement in current racing, and the amount of investment that goes into it..!! :scare: :scare:

You obviously dont know about Nismo's involvement in current racing, and the amount of investment that goes into it..!! :scare: :scare:

I think he meant as a tuning house for production cars.