Lurker out of the shadows

Hello, I have been reading this excellent forum for quiet a while.

Bit of back ground. My name is Steve, and live in Caerphilly, South Wales.

My daily drive, a Land Rover 110 Defender.

I have been looking for a weekend, 50th birthday, fun / toy / mid life crisis, call it what you want car.

I originally started looking at, convertibles,starting with MX5 to small, I'm a big lad.

Then I moved to SLK / TT to girlie for me.

Then BMW 330CI Convertible, in the end too boring.

Then I found the S2000, and really wanted this, but after a while, still a bit small, and also really you have to screw the a**e of it to really get it going, and this is not me now.

So have seen a Z in the car park and thought that's the one, fairly rare, yet still main stream, Jap so more reliable than your average, and LOADS of bolt on goodies, (possibly mid life crisis bit here)

Only question coupe or convertible, I think it is going to be the coupe, without wanting to tread on toes so early, but I think it looks better.

So not in a rush, but hoping you can give your experience and help when needed, thanks Steve

• Like 1

:welcome:

Whats the budget ? colour you are after ?

Thanks for the welcome.

My leaning is towards the coupe, probably as much as 80/20 now, only if a can't let this go scenario, will see me buy a convertible.

This was to be my 50th birthday present, but i'm 51 now and a few things stopped me going ahead at the time.

As its a toy my budget is not huge,depends what my wife donates, haha it will probably be an 04 -05 max, will not be max tax on an 06

I would also want to keep a bit back, for any,problems, but more so for ''bits''

I'm hoping it will be a keeper, I have build a car port for it,my garage my son has for his ''toys''

My list is

UK GT Car

Gun Metal grey, Silver, Black, Blue, in that order of choice

Must have Rays ( I really like them,ALTHOUGH to the other extreme I also love the wheels on that blue veilside car)

I then would like to do the roof and black tint window, I also like the idea of black panels behind the doors, like an Audi R8.

Body kit, I like the v1

And then eventually go bananas, coil overs,mods,and changes dah dah dah, yes it is a mid life crisis.

You are showing mild signs of zeditis already ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!! Go for gunmetal it's sweeeeeet !!!!

Ha,MILD, I have a Land Rover Defender, the ultimate Meccano toy, there is nothing you cant change, MILD signs I have already built a car port, have a folder labeled 350z on my favourites tab, and had insurance quotes, which were not to bad, all fully comp quotes, ranging from lowest £169 - average £240. for me and the wife.

And £800 for me the wife and 22 year old son, very reasonable I thought.

If I were you I'd go for the gun metal, or silver, or blue, or black.... Basically I'd go for any colour apart from red. You live too close to me for another red zed to be driving about.ðŸ˜

Only joking welcome