Supercharged...LS2...or 370z??

deank93

I'm just throwing this scenario out there and I'd would be interested in what you would do and why you would do it....

So...I have a 313 which I am rather keen on and these are options that I am giving consideration to:

1 - GTM supercharge my Zed

2 - V8 LS2 conversion

3 - Get a 370

4 - Get a Cayman/Z4M/VXR8 etc

5 - Open to suggestions

I'm just throwing this scenario out there and I'd would be interested in what you would do and why you would do it....

So...I have a 313 which I am rather keen on and these are options that I am giving consideration to:

1 - GTM supercharge my Zed

2 - V8 LS2 conversion

3 - Get a 370

4 - Get a Cayman/Z4M/VXR8 etc

5 - Open to suggestions

I drove a Z4 M last week and it was epic. I was going to sell my current Z4 and buy another 350Z (313) but after driving the Z4 M, i'm now reconsidering! Only thing is the Z4 M is a lot more expensive than a zed and you could use the cash saved for mods, but wont get your money back when you sell on. But the Z4 M's are now officially appreciating in price!

Good question indeed,

One that I've been mulling over too, as I want to get a flagship car for the business

LS2 would be mentally insane, I would be willing to help you with parts/shipping for this as its a project I would love to be involved and to put in the magazines.

Cayman is a no for me, 911 all day long

370z also very appealing !!

I guess out the 3 above the LS2 would be the special one but also the biggest PITA.

• Like 1

LS2 and pi$$ Wasso off :lol:

LS2 - aint worth the money IMHO - LSA now thats the way to go :cloud9:

Love Humpy's comment though :stir:

Edit

Steve!!!

Keyser (shhhhhhh!)

The LS2 as Chris has said isn't worth it. If you want to charge it you're looking north of £7k.

Add fabrications and the like you may as well drop the LSA. If you are deadly seriously could potentially drive a group but for a crated LSA and T56 box? I also know another member who has more cash than sense who's be interested as well.

Hang on Ian,

"I also know another member who has more cash than sense"

Now Buster has £1.82 - so more cash than sense but I don't think he is planning an LSx conversion :lol:

If it was me, I would get a 370 and supercharge it :blush:

That's an interesting thought...prices are coming down on 370s and what would the likes of abbey charge for the GTM charget? 10k?....that's 25k for a unique 550bhp modern sports car.

The LSX conversion it just going to be rather expensive over a cammed LS2 conversion though isn't it?

Dyno Tourqe in Brum mentioned around 10k for the LS2.

I've budgeted £15k for the entire LSA swap.

But that does mean calling on friends for installation ;) (but it'll be more than doughnuts for favour payments)

10k would be about right if taken to a garage for fabrication and fitting.

The LSX conversion it just going to be rather expensive over a cammed LS2 conversion though isn't it?

Dyno Tourqe in Brum mentioned around 10k for the LS2.

I've budgeted £15k for the entire LSA swap.

But that does mean calling on friends for installation ;) (but it'll be more than doughnuts for favour payments)

10k would be about right if taken to a garage for fabrication and fitting.

I'm in no rush to make a decision on what option i take, if anything it would be better for me financially to wait until the end of this year or early next and alas i have zero, and i mean zero, mechanical skills....a cammed LS2 does hold some appeal.

Supercharge or 370z, had my first brown pants moment today thinking my engine had gone pop! Thankfully just the belt shreding itself =/ but was expecting/ waiting on something going wrong as you do when you start modding things. 370z = safe, supercharge = belts and engine pop, LS swap = paranoia because not much will be left untouched on the car..... But you probably wont hear that voice in your head with that throbing exhaust! ;-)

Edited by evilscorp