PS4 discussion

neo

Will be getting ps4 just not sure wether to buy on launch or wait a while to see what deals become available :thumbs:

I will be getting a PS4 sometime next year, will be the first sony console I haven't got day one and the first MS console i will have for day one as I can't justify (to her indoors) the cost of both within a week of each other.

As I said in the xbox thread, I'm just not as excited for the launch this time around as I have been previously but I do think good gaming times are ahead whichever console you get.

I'm getting old and grumpy I think :lol:

It's not that, it's more that there's no games available from either platform that offers anything remotely new, and it's hard to get excited about stuff that we've all seen a thousand times before.

I'm excited about a new gadget, but not about the games.

It's not that, it's more that there's no games available from either platform that offers anything remotely new, and it's hard to get excited about stuff that we've all seen a thousand times before.

Possibly but I am getting old and grumpy :lol:

doesnt help that theres a big birthday in a couple of weeks time :(

That is a sign of old age I'm afraid.......

That is a sign of old age I'm afraid.......

:ninja:

:lol: :lol:

This is cool a review on the PS4 by Eurogamer, they review all the launch games and the actual hardware by Digital Foundry, they even.....ah just read it, lol.

The review embargo was lifted today.

Games

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-13-playstation-4-reviewed-games-and-hardware

Hardware

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-hardware-test-playstation-4

I was intending to get the Xbox as thats what i have currently, plus i hate sony. However, the Remote Play feature where you can play any PS4 game via a PS Vita over Wifi might be a game changer!

The missus can watch TOWIE or ANTM on the TV, and i can play Fifa on a handheld? Yes please!

Also laggy right now, and very dependant on proximity to the PS4 according to the reviews by the major gaming sites.

Although, congrats on being one of the seven people in the West who bought a Vita! :D

I really want to try the PS4 controller.

How much is a Vita then ??

I mean, it's pretty expensive to use as a remote VDU, wouldn't it be cheaper and better to just buy a 22" LED monitor and use that ??

It's good, still feels a little light if you ask me, the triggers are a million times better but still nothing like the Xbox 360 and a vast way away from the silky smooth Xbox One.

The only downside to it is the extremely random, un-natural touch pad thing in the middle, which when I was using it to navigate the map on Assassins Creed seemed to have a life of its own.

It felt more like a trackpad button than touchscreen/pad I have to say.

It also seemed to have little holes in it that I thought may light up to display info, but it didn't. Besides, who wants to keep looking down at their pad from the screen when playing a game.

Also laggy right now, and very dependant on proximity to the PS4 according to the reviews by the major gaming sites.

Although, congrats on being one of the seven people in the West who bought a Vita! :D

I dont have a Vita, but this could swing it for me.

It's hourses for courses with regards to what functionality suits each individual. People might say just get a second TV or play in a different room etc, but for me I know the missus whinges if we're not together in the same room, threfore we can both sit together and i can play my full PS4 games on the Vita. And proximity wise i'll be 3 meters from the console/router so should be fine.

I dont have a Vita, but this could swing it for me.

It's hourses for courses with regards to what functionality suits each individual. People might say just get a second TV or play in a different room etc, but for me I know the missus whinges if we're not together in the same room, threfore we can both sit together and i can play my full PS4 games on the Vita. And proximity wise i'll be 3 meters from the console/router so should be fine.

Boom, that's it exactly, buy to your needs/wants, otherwise you'll be procastinating over little differences/opinions for ages :) .

Seems to be a few stories going about the internet that some people with early delivered consoles have either no signal from the HDMI on the console or over heating issues :surrender:

It is noticeably smaller/lighter that an XBOne so hopefully just a few niggles and not a major meltdown :lol:

Sent from the golf club...