PS4 discussion

neo

Wait, the PS4 doesn't come with the Eyetoy?! Well, that's just silly. You sure?

Price is about right for a less-featured unit, and the used games thing makes no odds to me as I don't ever buy used nor sell mine. I do like the way Sony handled the info at their conference though :lol: Sadly the Sony-exclusive games don't interest me (Infamous/KZ/FF15), but I can see why people are getting excited over the price.

Nice change for us Sony fans that a new rig will be very well priced. I'd have probably gone PS4 anyway to continue my purge of Microsoft products. Not arsed about my console adding a layer of @*!# to my TV or monitoring my bodily movement or responding to my voice, my thumbs are still working. Shame PSN won't be free, but I guess it was inevitable. I've never been a Day 1 adopter before, coud well change this year.

Nice one. Do you have to pay right now, or sometime vaguely close to the shipping date?

Amazon charge on the day of dispatch

Correct, and they don't charge you if you want to cancel the pre-order, and need no deposit either

• 4 months later...

Mine is ordered and went for the mega pack with extra controller and eye thing.

The reason the fan is small, is because they've reduced the size of the power module inside the unit, this needing a smaller fan and the cause of overheating in the original PS3.

I wonder what my original 60g fully fledged will be worth, probably not much lol

Last weekend I was clearing my loft ready for pending house move, and found a box full of consoles that the kids had while they were growing up.

There's a commodore Atari PS1 PS2 xbox lots of tangled wires and loads of games.

Shall I take it to the tip or move it to the new house.

I may even set them up and have a slow gaming session.

:lol:

Last weekend I was clearing my loft ready for pending house move, and found a box full of consoles that the kids had while they were growing up.

There's a commodore Atari PS1 PS2 xbox lots of tangled wires and loads of games.

Shall I take it to the tip or move it to the new house.

I may even set them up and have a slow gaming session.

Do not take to the tip, repeat do not take to the tip !!

Someone will pay money for this stuff !!

I have a big collection of old consoles, boxed un boxed, wire, pads and general stuff.

Love it all. Love it.

I have them all (just the units no wires or pads) on display in a big wall unit.

One mans rubbish is another mans treasure !!!!

The PS4 sounds great but there's no way I'm getting the first gen. Going to wait and see if all goes well for you guinea pigs first. :lol: Plus I'd rather spend my cash on the 350 at the moment especially as there are still some good games on there way for the PS3, ...& online is still free. :yahoo:

Mine is ordered and went for the mega pack with extra controller and eye thing.

Out of interest fella, what sort of price does that command ??

£434 :headhurt:

But then if you do the maths with the package in actually getting either the extra controller or eye thing free. I like free :lol:

Bought the PS3 full spec on launch as well, still going strong to this day, is it 8 years?

£434 :headhurt:

Bought the PS3 full spec on launch as well, still going strong to this day, is it 8 years?

Yeah, lots of cash isn't it.

My Xbox One package is costing me £540 (3 games, nothing free :( ). Silly, silly, silly money.

I think the PS3 is 7 years old man, as it came out a year or so after the Xbox 360, which is 8 years old :) .

You're probably right. Its good though that tech has lasted that long considering how fast tech moves. I don't see the PS4 or Xbox One making any leaps and bounds to be honest. But have loved gaming since I was a wee lad.

the console will come with a warranty so just send it back if any faults, xbox had couriers and they sorted mine out many times didn't cost me a penny. But ps4 it will be from the end of this month. Cod ghosts apparently is going to be running right however.