Wales 2013 post event suggestions

glrnet

Wasso, I can see why you weren't happy with that. I have to say that I got my lunch about 10 mins before everyone else's on the table arrived so it was pretty cold by the time I ate it. I hadn't realised that other tables were suffering the same fate.

Poor Humpy, I only ate a spoonful of my pudding although it was really nice - maybe I should have shared it - lol :lol:

I cant see much wrong with the venue at the Moreton - Nice big car park, rooms are good, two cleaning areas and a very handy pub ;) Otherwise I cant see how you could make any improvements on such a great weekend and if aint broke don't fix it.

• Like 1

I cant see much wrong with the venue at the Moreton - Nice big car park, rooms are good, two cleaning areas and a very handy pub ;) Otherwise I cant see how you could make any improvements on such a great weekend and if aint broke don't fix it.

+1 As a Wales virgin I really didn't know what to expect. The hotel, facilities, drives out and general organisation were exceptional. No complaints from me and really not sure what could be improved?

• Like 1

Not to make a meal of this subject, I need to explain. For the past three years, the Sunday dinner at the Waterloo has been great but this year it was a disaster. If I hadn't paid up front they wouldn't of got one penny off me. My plate arrived with two roast potatoes that were dried up inside, the two new potatoes were fine. Two very small pieces of lamb was placed on top of a rather chunky piece of fat. Gravy ok at the start but by the time the veg arrived both potatoes and gravy were cold. The veg arrived in a dish 4 x 6 inches this was between 5 of us, about 15 rock hard carrots, 6 pieces of cauliflower, about 10 runner beans and about 2 table spoons of cabbage. So for £12.50, I had 3 rock hard carrots 1 piece of cauliflower, 2 runner beans and a teaspoon of cabbage. I also had something called cheese cake, this consisted of an 1/8 of an inch of biscuit base, loaded with synthetic cream that had a slight hint of cheese. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Edited by 350ZCaroline

Yep carvery this year was utter garbage, never had a bad meal at the old place we used to use in Bala.

Oh that's a point, I recall that place in the high street. Nice place and food was great.

As a newbie who was there for the first time on my own. There was a lot of standing around on the Sat afternoon after the drives. Sure, I walked around and chatted to everybody and looked at the cars, but as someone who wasn't interested in preening for the S&S, the afternoon dragged. I admit, if FMA was with me we might have gone off for an hour or so, and it does give people a chance to do their own thing. Maybe a slightly later drive out on the Sat, or as people have said, traders or something in the afternoon?

To counter that, I thought the organisation from Graham and everyone else regarding food (I wasn't there on the Sun), hotels, the drives etc was bloody fantastic, and as a first timer to a car meet, was really really impressed.

We missed the Sunday lunch which seems like a good thing now.

Name badges may be useful - we met loads of new people and I kept forgetting who was who :p

Other than that it was a trly awesome weekend - well done Geoffrey xx

We missed the Sunday lunch which seems like a good thing now.

Name badges may be useful - we met loads of new people and I kept forgetting who was who :p

Other than that it was a trly awesome weekend - well done Geoffrey xx

Sorry which one were you ??? :p

:lol:

Never thought Bala was a great idea for food, the location to stop is beautiful, but its quite a long walk to the pub for food and if its raining which it has before that can be a nightmare, also found the bloke who run that pub very tedious at times and not really interested in us for the amount of people and money we put there way, was more interested in getting us in then out ready for the next lot!!

Similar to the reception at the Sportmans on the evo triangle!

The only thing i would suggest is that when we head out in the groups to drive, maybe have the last group as a slower group for less confident drivers. I had fun on the drive outs, but the Sunday morning driving between SMD and Beavis i felt a bit out of my depth and paranoid that i was annoying Beavis behind me!! After we stopped i hung back and drove with twobears and we had more fun at a slightly slower pace!

Aside from that, the Moreton was great, the routes were fab and just make sure that nice weather is on order every year!! :D

The only thing i would suggest is that when we head out in the groups to drive, maybe have the last group as a slower group for less confident drivers. I had fun on the drive outs, but the Sunday morning driving between SMD and Beavis i felt a bit out of my depth and paranoid that i was annoying Beavis behind me!! After we stopped i hung back and drove with twobears and we had more fun at a slightly slower pace!

This would be a good idea, then as niki says the slower drivers wouldn't feel uncomfortable and the faster ones can also enjoy it more :thumbs:

This would be a good idea, then as niki says the slower drivers wouldn't feel uncomfortable and the faster ones can also enjoy it more :thumbs:

I got stuck behind Shire the whole way round, felt like i was in the slow group :lol:

Aside from that, the Moreton was great, the routes were fab and just make sure that nice weather is on order every year!! :D

+1 to that, it's more enjoyable if the people around you want to drive at a similar sort of speed.