Wales 2013 post event suggestions

glrnet

Ok, now this is your chance to have a say on what you think we might be able to do to improve next year's event. :)

So if anything about the organisation or format of the event peed you off particularly please let us have your constructive comments so that whoever organises the event next year can take your comments into consideration.

One that has already come to light based upon comments from several attendees was the apparent fall in quality of the Sunday Lunch.

So let's have your suggestions, maybe you have an idea to improve things that we haven't even thought of? :thumbs:

The only improvement I can think of straight away is with your SatNav :lol:

:ban:

+1 the only ever meet in existence for everyone to be in reverse!

Agreed the Waterloo let us down this year, but previously never had an issue. Maybe a change in location for Sunday lunch to make it different, as that's my 5th lunch there now. But a great car park and accommodates us well. This is one of the reasons the Morton works so well. Maybe just a note to the Waterloo for next time or a change?

Otherwise everything was perfect, even the weather.

I would say having a couple of trader stands on the Sat afternoon would be good?

It gave you more enjoyment than you expected therefore my work here is complete :p

Well if I had known we were visiting a farm I would have brought my wellies.....

after all we are in wales and there were some black faced sheep watching the schenanigans - green wellies are arguably the best

I think the drives were just right, if people wanted to drive more they had plenty of routes :shrug:

I agree the Sunday lunch was not fantastic but it was not awful either just a bit meh! Personally I thought it was ok for £12.95 for 2 courses, but I would happily have paid a bit more for something better...

The accommodation and food at the Morton Hotel was great. The Sunday lunch at the Waterloo was a great big let down, really disappointing, it didn't spoil my weekend end though. The whole experience was so well organised as usual.

I'll have a think of some new suggestion,

Edited by 350ZCaroline

Some traders on the Saturday afternoon sounds a good idea to me, along with a couple of stops at picturesque locations.

The Moreton is spot on and I couldn't fault them as the price was good, rooms were good considering price and the pub was decent for food and drinks.

The Sunday lunch was a bit stingy but still not bad for the use of the car park etc as well.

A picture board at the entrance to the hotel that has a photo of everyone and their car along with their name would be helpful for knowing who people are.

Overall I think it was a great and well oragnised weekend and all the people were very accomodating.

• Like 1

Our table was a long story.

Meat was delivered with a 10 min wait for Veg which Caroline had to ask where it was?

I never received my dinner but when delivered my lamb was on a diet of some sort.

Couldn't say it was anywhere near as tasty as last time, but all was made well for me when I ventured in to the sticky pudding which was delicious. Humpy missed out on desert, and I rubbed it in for about 20 mins saying how he's missed out. :lol:

Our table was a long story.

Meat was delivered with a 10 min wait for Veg which Caroline had to ask where it was?

I never received my dinner but when delivered my lamb was on a diet of some sort.

Couldn't say it was anywhere near as tasty as last time, but all was made well for me when I ventured in to the sticky pudding which was delicious. Humpy missed out on desert, and I rubbed it in for about 20 mins saying how he's missed out. :lol:

You bar steward ;)

• Like 1