Shell V-Power Nitro+?

Adrian@TORQEN

I've been trying desperately to find out what octane this is supposed to be as I've also received the same mail.

What I did find out is that in Germany their Race fuel (100 octane) is being discontinued. So their standard V-power (95 octane) will be out only option. Not good!!

Wiki says:

In the United Kingdom and Denmark (where Super Unleaded must be a minimum of 97 RON), V-Power has a rating of 99 RON (whereas V-Powers' predecessor Shell Optimax was rated at 98 RON). There is one other 99 RON fuel available in the UK, namely Tesco MOMENTUM99.

Tesco says:

2013-04-18_13-15-57.jpeg

Can't find the V Power Nitro+ official octane rating...

Edited by octet

Wiki says:

In the United Kingdom and Denmark (where Super Unleaded must be a minimum of 97 RON), V-Power has a rating of 99 RON (whereas V-Powers' predecessor Shell Optimax was rated at 98 RON). There is one other 99 RON fuel available in the UK, namely Tesco MOMENTUM99.

Spot on :thumbs:

Rebranding of V-Power so they can add a penny a litre and make more profits.

/cynical

There maybe octane improvements and if so may warrant the increase in price. But can't find anything on the tinterweb!

Nitro was scheduled for release last year so I'm puzzled as to why nothing actually happened.

I may stick to the normal V Power until we know more. I'm filling up at my local Shell tomorrow so I will see if they know anything about Nitro+. Will post my findings if I get anywhere!!

Im hoping that with Nitro+ I would get at least another 50bhp!! ;)

• Like 1

Perhaps it'll be 50p per litre and make the driver better looking too :)

Did you think about BBK when you said this, confess! :p

Poor dip.

IMO he's a good looking dude :) Make of that what you will.

I don't trust shell.....

http://www.shell.co....iving-tips.html

'When it comes to driving we all think we’re an expert. But in reality a few tips from Shell wouldn’t hurt. Take a look – you might learn something

3rd gear max in 30mph zone'

Really?!

Erm you expect a petrol company to tell you how to use them less?

:lol:

I heard this Nitro ..nonsense on the radio this morning... all I can imagine now is pulling into my local and seeing the VPower pumps re-stickered with nitro and a bit dearer.... Or is this gonna be a 'seperate' fuel.... how many pumps they gonna have lol

I thought v-power was 97 octane ?

Some of the web sites say that V-Power is 98 octane I've always put it in my bikes that have been tuned & they run better so I use the same for my Z ( the extra price on my bikes per litre seemed to balance out as I always seem to get a better MPG ( don't know if this was because of the tuning or the fuel ))

Thats been available in the US for a while, and in some Shell stations here. 102 Octane is what the posters say. :shrug:

. . . but its probably going to be an extra 60+ Cents or so a litre when compared to the gnats pee I run the Ram on :lol: