Boston Ms. bomb explosions

Ruddles

We have been watching unfold since 20:30. We were having an anniversary meal and suddenley spotted it in the background and just sat there in silence watching the screen. Came back home and haven't watched anything else. Can't believe it. Awful scenes but my hat goes off to the people reacting to the explosions by running towards them to get survivors. All heroes

• Like 1

We have been watching unfold since 20:30. We were having an anniversary meal and suddenley spotted it in the background and just sat there in silence watching the screen. Came back home and haven't watched anything else. Can't believe it. Awful scenes but my hat goes off to the people reacting to the explosions by running towards them to get survivors. All heroes

+1, I'd hope that I'd do something similar if I was in a situation like that.

Is there nothing sacred, nothing off limits!

Hundreds, thousands of people running for fun..Fun...FUN!! Raising money for their chosen charities, their friends and families supporting them, cheering them on!

What political motivation/justification for this!! What political statement? What?

Is there nothing sacred, nothing off limits!

Hundreds, thousands of people running for fun..Fun...FUN!! Raising money for their chosen charities, their friends and families supporting them, cheering them on!

What political motivation/justification for this!! What political statement? What?

There is no political reason.

Just terrorism by fanatics.

Cowardly bastards

This is disgusting! I really do not understand how somebody can believe this is the right thing to do! It is so cowardly. Shocking!

Not sure I'd run the London marathon if I had signed up.

Fear and Terror is what they want.

Don't let them win.

Carry on with life as normally as possible.

JUST BE VIGILANT.

• Like 1

This is horrible news! I don't believe it was Al Qaeda and thankfully it wasn't as they would have made sure it was several times bigger and at a busier time. Hopefully all those injured can make as full a recovery as is possible and whoever is responsible will be caught and punished to the full extent of the law!

Does anyone else think that the rolling news coverage of things like this, be it bomb terrorism or lunatic gunmen, just encourages these people? I'm not saying there should be censorship of press, but if the news media (be it print or video), simply covered the story but without video, without the endless repeats of footage and photos and eye witness accounts and never made public the name of the perpetrator and never trawled through his/her life details and whatever twisted motivation they dreamed up for something this horrific, doing it in the first place might seem pointless to some of them? If it stopped 1% of attacks it would be worth it.

Blowing something or someone up is a sure fire way of (a) getting famous and (B )publicising some nutter cause. If they were never named and never talked about in detail the point of a "terror" attack would be minimised dramatically. That nut who dressed up as Batman and shot people in the cinema did all that for attention, why not take it away. Everyone knows, don't feed the trolls.

Just saying...