350 to 370...glad you made the change?

deank93

I drove Will's Rosie as my first 70 drive. Did I like it, yes I liked it, would I swap..... Not yet no, until I'm bored of the 50, and that will be the only reason to change.

This is probably the reason for a lot of people, they get bored of the 50 or want something new. Is it better, in some respects yes. The interior without a shadow of doubt is FAR better. Exterior doesn't do it for me and would cost up to 3k to correct.

The exhaust tone, well, that's another 1k on top.

So before I even start to love the 70 I'd need to spend a lot of cash.

Now I have the facelift revup, did I make the right choice, possibly, should I have gone HR, well at the time it was out of my budget, but had I if got one I'd be best pleased with the added power.

Do you swap the HR for a 70, its all about if you like or love the 70. Do you want fresh smelling leather, are you happy with the 70 in standard form?

There's a number of variables only you can answer and a test drive of maybe one or two will help you make that decision. :)

I went from a DE to a 370z back in september 2012 and it was the right decision for me. I thought the 350z was a really good car but i personally think the 370z is a great car as it offers a great overall package from interior, tech to the exterior.

I totally agree with Jay that the 350z is raw whereas the 370z is more refined so will be a better daily but thats just my opinion. I dont think a test drive will show the difference as the 350z will give a better experience over a shorter time but if you were to take both cars for a week, then you will appreciate the 370z.

Had a look st a 370z but couldn't justify the outlay plus my 350z. Have you taken a 370z out for a test drive yet? You nay not like it as much as your 350z.

Not that likely, if you don't look down you wouldn't notice you were in a different car for the most part. It's a touch tighter perhaps, but all the control weights are identical to a HR.

Hate to say but I disagree. Harder ride and the dashboard was very 'busy' distracting you from where you should be looking.......the road! Lol! The car I test drove had 26k on the clock and the gearbox was no better than the one in my 350z. No seriously, the 370z is a great car but think I am going to save up fir a GTR. I am never going to be completely happy until I have one.

The 370z imo is far superior in looks, feel, handling and overall quality. The 350z is more raw and some people do like that, but with all the technology within the 370z I feel the 350z is left wanting.

As well it should be given it's much newer technology than the 350. ;) Personally, I prefer the more raw and involving drive of the 350, but with each model, same as any car, it becomes more computer controlled.

I have driven 3 x 370's now for quite extended drives, and a few things that drove me insane. Lack of digital speedo (especially on holiday weekends here as the speed tolerance is lowered to 4kms or sometimes no tolerance by the boys in blue & speed cameras all over the place normally), fabric inserts in the seats (would need to be completely leather- two types of covering, both will wear differently, and fabric looks tatty faster), and the massive wing mirrors, oversized wheels. A few other things. Having driven 24 x 350's of all spec's, the 370 isn't all that much of jump up, just heavier and more taut, and more powerful engine.

Be quiet bronze the 370z is better end of. Lol

:p:lol:

Be quiet bronze the 370z is better end if. Lol

Just wait til she finally gets one, then she'll change her tune :lol:

IMO the fabric seat centres is far better as you dont slide around as much :teeth:

What to a different song?! :p:lol:

I do actually like 370's, B) but those are things that niggle me each time I drive one. ps. Never had an issue with sliding around on the 350 seats. Now if an Ultimate Yellow one or if they made one in Le Mans Sunset or maybe Solar Orange, might get one, and have things addressed if they still haven't been by the next model. Still love my 350. :teeth:B)

Edited by bronzee

• 1 month later...

I went from a 300 DE to a 370z. The 350z was an awesome car and it does feel slightly more frisky than a 370z BUT I never loved it, was never sure of the back end??. Whereas the 370 has just been an awesome place to be since last September for me and I can't stop looking at it in the garage. Fair enough the exhaust could be more 350z but on the other hand it feels so much more together at 7000 rpms whereas the 350 felt like it was going to munch itself at anything above 6000 rpms. The only thing I would swop is the 911 throttle pedal as I way prefer top hinged throttle pedals. Otherwise the 370z for me is just awesome. All the good of the 350z, none of the bad AND a whole lot more. B)

• Like 1

I've only had my 370z for a week and in love with it!! I've come from 2 350's which I both thought were fantastic cars. Had a few differnet motors in between but wanted something newer and a convertible and it ticked all the boxes. Positives over the 350.... the 370 gearbox is bloody awesome, the S Mode is fantastic and makes a hell of a difference, interior is a lot nicer and a much more pleasant place to be, I love the cooled seats - i'm a fan of leather but the material in the middle makes a nice bit of difference. Only negative I have found so far are hte wing mirrors are bloody huge!!!! I cant see over the top of them!!!

All in all very happy changing to a 370.

It's also quite nice to have a car that is rare on the roads. Doubtless that will change to some extent as prices fall but for now the 370 is still quite exclusive. The 350 is by no means common, but where I am I see them relatively regularly (although nothing like as often as TTs, Boxters etc) :)

• Like 1

I have never seen another 370z on the road.

Given I do 30-40k a year, I'm surprised at that, but it is a rare car.

Nissan haven't did a great job of promoting it as such, most people just think it's a 350Z with a facelift.

Edited by Badgeronimous

Nissan haven't did a great job of promoting it as such,

Just bad timing with the financial climate going belly up and a big engine/low mpg meaning both the private and company buyers were put off as 'incentives' dried up.

Doesn't worry me at all, in fact, as others are saying, its rareity makes it even more appealing and no real regret in making the upgrade from the 350's, which are such a great driver's car, but I just wanted something as good but newer. :)

I love the fact its rare, only ever seen 1 other 370 roadster on the road since i bought mine and that was zugara, i know a boxster is most probably a better drivers car but how many do i see on the road everyday......

Nissan haven't did a great job of promoting it as such,

Just bad timing with the financial climate going belly up and a big engine/low mpg meaning both the private and company buyers were put off as 'incentives' dried up.

Doesn't worry me at all, in fact, as others are saying, its rareity makes it even more appealing and no real regret in making the upgrade from the 350's, which are such a great driver's car, but I just wanted something as good but newer. :)

Yeah you're probably right.

However it's a relatively unknown car. You'd think one of the biggest car manufacturers on the planet, would big up both of their 2 marquee models, as it is nobody has a clue what it is. It's a mild annoyance most think it's a 350Z

I love the fact its rare, only ever seen 1 other 370 roadster on the road since i bought mine

Pretty rare indeed. Counting yours I've seen 3 including a black one a few days ago on a 12 plate parked in amongst the door banging section of the car park at ASDA and wasn't there a white one on The Wales Run 2011?

Pete

I love the fact its rare, only ever seen 1 other 370 roadster on the road since i bought mine

Pretty rare indeed. Counting yours I've seen 3 including a black one a few days ago on a 12 plate parked in amongst the door banging section of the car park at ASDA and wasn't there a white one on The Wales Run 2011?

Pete

Drove to London and back a couple of weeks ago, 800 mile round trip, never saw one 350 or 370 B) . So pretty damn rare. I don't think our recent weather helps though :surrender:

I came so close to swapping my 350z for a 370z. It really was a step up in every aspect but decided to put my sensible head on and just hold off until next year when i know whether i'll need back seats or not if you get what I mean ;)

I came so close to swapping my 350z for a 370z. It really was a step up in every aspect but decided to put my sensible head on and just hold off until next year when i know whether i'll need back seats or not if you get what I mean ;)

Strap it up and get the 370.... :D

Strap it up and get the 370.... :D

:lol:

Had a look st a 370z but couldn't justify the outlay plus my 350z. Have you taken a 370z out for a test drive yet? You nay not like it as much as your 350z.

Which is exactly what I found. I had a new 370z for 2 or 3 days from Nissan whilst my 350z HR was in for some work and in all honestly I didnt like it at all. I did a mini review on it on this forum at the time, so it might be worth while digging it out to see how I felt the 370z compared to the HR model.

In summary, the physical looks of the car looked too harsh for me, the 370z looked longer and narrower - whilst in actual fact the 370z is wider and shorter! The performance, i felt my 350z actually felt quicker and handled better. Believe me I gave the 370z a lot of stick on the back roads but still felt my 350 was revvier and quicker. From what I understand the engine in the 370z is pretty much identical to the HR engine but 3.7 rather than 3.5. So, very little in it compared to the older DE & revup engines.

The only bit I did like about the 370z was the interior. It was loads better than the HR. It felt a lot more modern and was a complete overhaul. It was very "black" though everywhere, whereas the HR has bits of alloy trim which I do like. I also liked the 370z`s sat nav over the 350z HR`s OEM sat nav system - it had speed camera alerts & the one I drove had the Nissan Connect pack so you could stream music etc, which Nissan didnt do on the 350z.

All in all, I felt it really wasnt worth the extra cash over my HR at the time.

Edited by rabbitstew