350 to 370...glad you made the change?

deank93

Morning,

I have spent the last month or so weighing up options with regards to my HR 350z, do i spend a few pounds on some styling, do i spend it on tuning, do i try and do a bit of both or my other option is do i leave it as it is ie standard with a different set of wheels and some paint.

If I explore any of the tuning or styling options then i will need to commit to keeping the 350 for a few more years, if i don't then I could look to move to a 370 in the future.

So my questions really are that those of you who went from a 350 to a 370 are you please you made the switch? what was the best thing about doing it? any regrets or downsides?

Thanks.

Had a look st a 370z but couldn't justify the outlay plus my 350z. Have you taken a 370z out for a test drive yet? You nay not like it as much as your 350z.

Not that likely, if you don't look down you wouldn't notice you were in a different car for the most part. It's a touch tighter perhaps, but all the control weights are identical to a HR.

I'm very happy with the switch, but I did go from a DE engined facelift to the 370.

Before changing I had been scouring the ads for a fully Nismo equipped 350HR, having become confident about that engine and that unlike the DE version it could be modified (as known then) for 500bhp+ on the standard internals which was making me think that was something I could seriously consider with the budget I had.

But lack of suitable cars and then having the opportunity to try a 370 in anger on track and then on the road, made me warm to it and a great trade-in deal offered at the time meant I signed on the dotted line for 'GUNS', and not regretted it for one day. And yes, I have to admit that my advancing years and not having a garage now means that working on cars is no longer the fun it was when I was younger.

Do I regret the change? Not one bit, in fact I am likely to hang on to the 370 for some time, but who knows what the future holds............. :)

Back to the OP's question, if I had had an HR engined 350 in 2009 it might have been a different story ;)

• Like 1

I spent a few happy years with my 350!! I have had my 370 since last October. I dont do many miles in it so I am really just getting the full enjoyment when I do drive the car. I love it.

Although my 350 was a great car the 370 is all round better for me

Regards

Tim

Interesting feedback.

I've never driven a DE I went went straight in to an HR so am not really aware of how big a difference there may be between that and an HR car, I have never driven a 370 but had just assumed that as it is a little lighter, has a little more power and has the benefit of new technologies any replies would have been a resounding win for the 370 over the HR.

It is a daily driver....it's a shame from a buyers perspective that the price on the 370 hasn't dropped as much as the 350, when i got my 350 i paid 13.5k which i think was a pretty good price and at the time it was only a shade over 3 year old with 22k on the clock, looking at 3 year old 370s now they seem some distance from that although looking on autotrader a few seem to a slipped to the 16k mark.

The 370z imo is far superior in looks, feel, handling and overall quality. The 350z is more raw and some people do like that, but with all the technology within the 370z I feel the 350z is left wanting.

Get yourself a test drive as everyone has different tastes and expectations!

• Like 2

Had a look st a 370z but couldn't justify the outlay plus my 350z. Have you taken a 370z out for a test drive yet? You nay not like it as much as your 350z.

the same from me, I was in a position to buy the 350z hr or the 370... ended going with the 350 as it felt a more fun/raw car to drive .... but everyone is differrent. go test drive!!

Quick answer is I dont think I've met a 370z owner yet who regretted upgrading from the 350z, and that includes a lot of neigh sayers who said they'd never trade up a 350z for 370z - myself included :blush:

I loved my 370z, so much nicer as an all round car than the 350z. Its not a raw, and handling is tighter/not as playful. That said, its only a slight change, compared to the massive change in interior quality and engine power (can easily get 350HP with minor mods). Definately evolution over revolution, but well worth the outlay.

I upgraded 370Z in December. Best decision I’ve ever made. I bought a 2007 350Z GT 300 Feb 2012 and loved it but not as much as the 370Z I now have.

I think the 350Z is more of a track day/mod car when the 370Z can be a daily driver.

I regret getting the 350Z should of gone straight for a 370Z and saved myself about £5k.

Edited by N9JAH

I have no regrets whatsoever. The 370 is a much nicer place to be than my old 350, quality of the interior is much better. I felt there was a big power difference but i came from an older 276 350z. I have let a few people take her for a spin and those with the later zeds did say there wasnt that much of a difference, if they didnt look down at the dash it felt like their old zeds. Its definitely evolution not revolution.

For me i love the looks and the side profile with those alloys is great. Only down side is the dreadfully boring stock exhaust.

Did you see my recent post about the price of new 370z's plummeting by 6k euros, may be worth holding off and see the impact of this on new / used cars in the UK.

Never had a 350 but I reckon I've read just about every review of 370Z on the internet. Apart from the occasional reviewer who preferred the look of the 350, I can't remember a reviewer that didn't prefer the 370. I do agree though that the 350 sounds better, so be prepared to shell out for a decent exhaust :wacko:

Did you see my recent post about the price of new 370z's plummeting by 6k euros, may be worth holding off and see the impact of this on new / used cars in the UK.

I did actually, it was one of the reasons I looked back at the 370 to be honest.....it's a bummer for you guys who already have a 370 if it impacts used prices but from a buyer point of view then that could lead to me possibly getting one a little sooner if that is the route i end up taking.

I was looking on autotrader last night and noticed a few nice looking, low mileage examples at 16k.

so be prepared to shell out for a decent exhaust :wacko:

I had heard that as the main complaint, i was looking at some of those 370s that have had a few performance mods and as has been mentioned 350bhp seems to be a realist figure for exhaust, berks, uprev which i see Abbey are doing for 2k.

I went from DE to 370. For me they are totally different cars. 370 every time for me.

It's just a nicer place to be. :teeth: Slow and relaxed. :)

I think you have those smilies the wrong way round .........correction..........I know you have those smilies the wrong way round and so does Mr Evo.

I went from DE to 370. For me they are totally different cars. 370 every time for me.

It's just a nicer place to be. :teeth: Slow and relaxed. :)

Silly old fart :wheelchair::victory:

er, cough.......he is 2 years younger than you Graham :lol:

I did actually, it was one of the reasons I looked back at the 370 to be honest.....it's a bummer for you guys who already have a 370 if it impacts used prices but from a buyer point of view then that could lead to me possibly getting one a little sooner if that is the route i end up taking.

I was looking on autotrader last night and noticed a few nice looking, low mileage examples at 16k.

Not an issue for me, i agreed a future trade in value for my 370z when i bought it :)

• Like 1