Decent discs and pads not too much money

Shinjuku

What is the best option for this.

I feel OE spec discs are acceptable. OE pads are OK. I would like something a bit better for track use but am not willing to compromise road braking ability from cold.

What is the best option and which provider offers them at the best price?

I could go Eurocarparts, ebay or a trader on here.

I'm not interested in the DBA twenty million diamond encrusted discs and abber fabber wabber pads so please could people not mention high end stuff suitable for supercars.

Thanks

Shinjuku

I'm not out there every weekend so I just want something slightly better than a road pad - i.e. Red Stuff ceramic will probably do, maybe yellow at a stretch. The only people who tell you that expensive discs are needed for normal cars in non extreme applications are vendors of such discs. Quality, basic, discs are all you need.

I'd prefer to buy from somewhere which has a public pricing policy. All this "PM xxxxxx for a price just" panders to allowing vendors to have an informaiton asymetry, not compete on price properly and their keep margins artifically high - which is bad for buyers.

Do either Zman or CS have a website I can have a look at?

• Like 2

Ive just purchased front and rear Yellowstuff pads from CS, Standard discs will be okay on a track provided you cool them down properly etc

Cold bite from Yellows is superb and once beeded in and warmed up i found from previous experience that they are excellent

• Like 1

What are these like

http://cougarstore.c...products_id=115

Are your red stuff ceramic or standard.

How much cold braking would I loose with Yellow Stuff . Also, do these come in ceramic and non ceramic?

We have a forum member who’s teamed those discs with the DS2500 pads for the odd track days that he uses... :)

All Redstuff pads are ceramic now, and they are only suitable for road use, the yellows have been used on track by members, forum member trackpig did a write up on the yellowstuff pads that he used with standard discs on track... :)

Edited by CS

I'm going to ask is probably a dumb question now, but many of you guys have said "A is better than B".

Please define 'better' :shrug:

I understand that differences are more noticeable on track, with brakes heating up and fading etc, but what are the differences noticed on everyday roads with a set of 'better' pads/discs?

I've never ever thought that "these brakes are a bit naff" nor have i felt the need for better ones. I currently have EBC yellow stuff pads and OEM discs. Do 'better' pads give you more feel, provide more braking power?

What is 'better'?

Best thing to do is change the brake lines to braided ones, even on stock discs and pads it adds much better feel to the brakes and gives imo more confidence in them, I always found them spongy before

I gotta do this this year!!

I'm going to ask is probably a dumb question now, but many of you guys have said "A is better than B".

Please define 'better' :shrug:

I understand that differences are more noticeable on track, with brakes heating up and fading etc, but what are the differences noticed on everyday roads with a set of 'better' pads/discs?

I've never ever thought that "these brakes are a bit naff" nor have i felt the need for better ones. I currently have EBC yellow stuff pads and OEM discs. Do 'better' pads give you more feel, provide more braking power?

What is 'better'?

As a noob looking to change both disc and pads this year I was wondering the very sa question.

Can anyone recommend some pads and disc for road use? And how do you change the brake lines to braided ones?

As a noob looking to change both disc and pads this year I was wondering the very sa question.

Can anyone recommend some pads and disc for road use? And how do you change the brake lines to braided ones?

Ferodo Pads, DBA Discs and some HEL Braided lines would be my choice.

:pmzmanalex::pmcs: . . . Speak to Alex or CS they will give you good advice for what you need :thumbs:

To change the lines, you just replace the existing ones that run down to your callipers. You will need to bleed the brakes after.