Mulling it over...

Hello all! :wave:

I'm currently mulling over ideas for a car to replace my 200sx at some point in the next year or so. I love my car to bits, and would keep it for ever if i could afford to, but that's not going to be likely sadly, :( so i'm looking at what to buy when i eventually say goodbye to it.

I've always loved the 350z, but don't really know too much about them, and i'm determined to do a bit more background reasearch than i did when i bought the 200...so here i am.

So far i've not found anything to put me off them, which i'm glad about. I am however wondering if the common defects that are highlighted in the FAQ section, actually apply to all years? I'll be looking to go for at least an '08 model, but i'm unsure whether i'll still be needing to look out for things such as the clicking drive shafts for example? If someone can tell me that Nissan sorted this issue on later models, then i'll be even happier!

So anyway, that's my plan. :victory:

an 08 would be the 313HR model, which is a cracking motor. However, you`ll also be hit by huge depreciation as it drops in value. Mine dropped by about 6k in one year.

Thats incredible, thats why I couldnt get a 370Z atm, I would hate to think how much it would drop in value!

an 08 would be the 313HR model, which is a cracking motor. However, you`ll also be hit by huge depreciation as it drops in value. Mine dropped by about 6k in one year.

It should be, but look out for late 06 facelifts (296 bhp model) being sold with 08 or newer plates as they remained unsold when the HR engined ZEDs (309 bhp/31/3ps)) were introduced in in late 2006/early 2007. We have seen some caught out by that and dealers selling and not knowing (allegedly :dry: )

Let me guess, the 200SX breaks alot costing you in parts, then when it does run it does around 15mpg? :p

My mate has an S14 and its like a money pit! That's the problem with Turbo cars!

You will love the 350Z :)

Where you based?

To be honest (touch wood) i dont have any running issues. Mines a '98 s14a. The only expense i've incurred has come from modding it, and repairing rotten sills...and fuel of course. Although because i have a built in siren mounted to the passenger seat (aka the wife) that wines continually if i drive a bit spirited like, i tend to drive like i'm driving miss Daisy most of the time, so fuel isnt even that bad.

I'm based in Essex, not far from Colchester.

Seeing as i bought the 200 just before they suddenly lost most of their value, i suffered a massive depreciation, so am quite used to it really.

Have you not seen the threads on the SXOC Si?? People that own them like them, people that dont apparently dont :D

Hey doc! :wave: Yeah i looked in on the thread on SXOC. As you rightly pointed out, there were too many people talking out of their arses, so i thought i'd pop in here and talk to more people who actually drive 350's.

It should be, but look out for late 06 facelifts (296 bhp model) being sold with 08 or newer plates as they remained unsold when the HR engined ZEDs (309 bhp/31/3ps)) were introduced in in late 2006/early 2007. We have seen some caught out by that and dealers selling and not knowing (allegedly :dry: )

See this is good info, thanks. :thumbs: When i bought the 200 i didnt seek out the owners club first and i bought the first one i saw. There were a few things i didnt know to look out for, and i could have shopped around if i'd known. I'm determined to learn from that experience! :doh:

Welcome along. Toyed with the idea of an S14a myself to replace the zed but opted for the skyline instead. The zed is a great car- ticks all the right boxes and great value for money.

Let's see your current project

:welcome:

I love driving mine for many reasons but will you not miss the power and speed of a sx?

Hi

Have you driven/owned a modified sx? I'm in a similar position to the op, I've got a stage 3a s14a and I'm considering selling up for a Z, would be nice to get a idea of the straight line performance difference...

I love driving mine for many reasons but will you not miss the power and speed of a sx?

Hi

Have you driven/owned a modified sx? I'm in a similar position to the op, I've got a stage 3a s14a and I'm considering selling up for a Z, would be nice to get a idea of the straight line performance difference...

I don't but a few mates of mine did. The sx will be much faster. I'm not sure why 3a means lol but 300+bhp plus the torques will make te Z look slow.

Thanks for all the welcomes.

Welcome along. Toyed with the idea of an S14a myself to replace the zed but opted for the skyline instead. The zed is a great car- ticks all the right boxes and great value for money.

Let's see your current project

This is my 200...

Its running 265bhp with loads of brakes and suspension mods, but im pretty sure a 350 wont be slower.

post-18824-0-67857600-1364156124_thumb.jpg