Omg I need a 330D msport!

Seabee

Hey guys I traveled 300 miles yesterday with my mate for him to pick up a 2006 330D msport. All I can say is I'm seriously thinking of swapping my zed for one. The car was absolutely mint but the engine was just better than sex. The previous owner spent a few pretty pennies on the car and included was a professional remap with a print out showing the car had been taken up to 280bhp. I was sat in on the test drive and as you need to test the *clutch* lol he put is foot down. 1st span 2nd 3 and 4th also the car pulled like A train it was just crazy power! Considering he was getting 45mpg on the way home I would definitely consider swapping my zed for one of these.

We used to have a remapped 330d, wasn't running 280 brake but was quick, the only problem was the low rpm range....pulled hard but ended up changing gear as soon as the power came on. Nice cars, had a 330ci Msport too - sold that for the Zed and have never looked back.

• Like 1

I had a play with a 123D the other week when I was in the Impreza. Let's just say that we were absolutely dead level in a straight line, and the Impreza is running 320bhp...

It gave me a whole new respect for these diesel lumps. They may lack character, but jebus are they exceptionally rapid.

• Like 1

Must admit that some diesels are very quick, having spent the last couple of days in my Mrs Leon FR it re-awakened my appreciation of a torque bolstered machine. I'm not one to say that I would "never get rid of my Z" but the re-mapped V6 3.6 is addictive, as compared with "appreciation".

That said, now my Z is nearing 3 years old and there not being anything out there (with exception of the new Caymen) that takes my fancy, my car searches now consist of either, 5L supercharged Jags or powerful diesels such as A5's or 5 series Beemers.

If only I could stop growing old, then maybe I would stick with the Z, have fallen out of love a bit over our sh1tty winter and have toyed with throwing some serious money at my Z or moving on :shrug: , to what I've no idea, yet :surrender:

Must admit that some diesels are very quick, having spent the last couple of days in my Mrs Leon FR it re-awakened my appreciation of a torque bolstered machine. I'm not one to say that I would "never get rid of my Z" but the re-mapped V6 3.6 is addictive, as compared with "appreciation".

That said, now my Z is nearing 3 years old and there not being anything out there (with exception of the new Caymen) that takes my fancy, my car searches now consist of either, 5L supercharged Jags or powerful diesels such as A5's or 5 series Beemers.

If only I could stop growing old, then maybe I would stick with the Z, have fallen out of love a bit over our sh1tty winter and have toyed with throwing some serious money at my Z or moving on :shrug: , to what I've no idea, yet :surrender:

+1 I have a Leon FR TDI and am looking at a 3.5l Jag the Leon is seriously quick but the Jag XFS is only a smidge slower 0-60 than the Zed and with bags of torque will feel quicker :surrender:

That's all fair and well having the "power", but with a Beemer you just blend in with the other traffic, such as a yaris or scenic etc.

The Zed brings a look from others, whether stationary, pooling at 60 or feeling frugal with the go pedal.

There's not many cars on today's roads that gets the looks the Zed receives. I'd never downgrade to a Beemer and that's how I look at it.

The Z has passion, history, the looks and curves, the luxury mods and for a fair price too. Then there's the forum, are we seriosuly thinking any Beemer forum would compare to this.

This is why the Zed would hold pride on the über cool wall

Nuff said.

• Like 3

Funny enough I'm looking at the 335diesel and 535disesl, some serious grunt for a oil burner, i think top gear loved the 335 , the way i see it why go for the 330, when theres not much in price difference in the 335 (not actually a 3.5 its a 3.0 twin turbo) i think lol

That's all fair and well having the "power", but with a Beemer you just blend in with the other traffic, such as a yaris or scenic etc.

The Zed brings a look from others, whether stationary, pooling at 60 or feeling frugal with the go pedal.

There's not many cars on today's roads that gets the looks the Zed receives. I'd never downgrade to a Beemer and that's how I look at it.

The Z has passion, history, the looks and curves, the luxury mods and for a fair price too. Then there's the forum, are we seriosuly thinking any Beemer forum would compare to this.

Nuff said.

Agreed, for me the Z is unusable in the week due to the mileage I do, fuel gets eaten .. but will return to the Z in the future, beautiful machine, for now its the BMW badge for me

Nuff said.

:wave::drunk:

......and then someone like Wasso comes long and tells you why you've got a Z and not a beemer B) , but then again the whiff of pipe smoke and tweed is alluring to seduce me to the Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag side of life :lol:

I've heard that their forum gives free flatcaps and lambskin driving gloves :teeth:

......and then someone like Wasso comes long and tells you why you've got a Z and not a beemer B) , but then again the whiff of pipe smoke and tweed is alluring to seduce me to the Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag side of life :lol:

I've heard that their forum gives free flatcaps and lambskin driving gloves :teeth:

And a free can of Mr Sheen for all the wood ;)

An XF doesn't compare to a Zed, and I will do a Biscuit and hang around like a bad smell :lol:

Nuff said.

Well said! Beemers are dull and boring

I was thinking along the lines of an XKR, but my problem is they don't seem to have a XKRMANALEX when it all goes wrong :lol:

Seriously though, anyone know of fragility issues? (Sorry for the thread hijack)

The new XKR gives me a semi :blush:

This one was on sale near me for £80k...

6096C605-7F18-4F5B-8EAA-75ED10B65B30-9077-000008FD6A9E3634.jpg