Just bought a Track Car

Will370z

yeah, its possibly the most unoriginal choice for a track car ever, but cant say fairer than the price i won it for... a whopping £410. for a WHOLE CAR. with an MOT until october 2013. for £410. thats more than three ponies less than a monkey.

first step is sorting insurance, and getting it home. oh, and it also needs some tax... but then mega cheap track fun can commence!

close, e36 saloon. proper poverty spec as well, its fallen through the bmw options list tree and not hit a single branch on the way down. literally has nothing. the closest thing to a luxury it has is an electric window... just the one though! :lol:

Sounds perfect. Less heavy crap to remove. Good luck with it Messrs B and W.

Seems like there are quite a few of us on the forum that will be tracking cars this year. Be good if we can co-ordinate together for added fun

I'll certainly be up for this, not sure what car we'll have this year though now that the '2 has gone. I was going to suggest Bedford as a nice safe track to start at... then I remembered that Ginger (Z, not me!) who went through the pit wall last year.

Yeah i'd rather not go through any pit walls, doesnt make the best first impression lol

Be good if we could sort something out though. I know Darren is also interested and seems like this year is the year to get out on track :)

Look forward to seeing you on track sometime this year- planning Oulton, Anglesey and Bedford but I get a nose bleed if i go too far south.

Was impressed with the BMW Kumho series cars at Oulton Park last week- they look like they can be sorted for the track pretty easily.

Excellent guys, will certainly get along to offer moral support :) :thumbs:

And help push me out of the gravel :)

er, remember what happens when you leave gravel trails around the track Will ;)

But wow, a great buy to have some fun in - enjoy!

plenty of room for passengers then :D

You'll have to be quick, the rear seats will be the first things to go to make way for harnesses!

Needs s_______ and l________. (someone had too)

spacers nah, but lowering definitely! 60 profile wheels and standard suspension will handle a lot like a boat... :boat:

• 5 weeks later...

Little update report (although no pictures of work done yet)

I've been working on the car for a couple of weekends now - so far have managed to completely strip the interior and boot of all trim and rear seats, remove 90% of the carpet and swap in my steering wheel and gearknob. Undecided as to whether to try and get the sound deadening out as well, its quite a lot of faff as i'd have to trail an extension lead out my first floor flat to power the hairdryer to soften the glue. similar story with getting a vacuum in it, interior is a right state and really needs a vacuum!

Only thing left that needs to be done is fitting harnesses - should be relatively straightforward, but ran out of time yesterday.

We've decided to stick with 15 inch wheels for now - parts of the problem with handling was the tyre pressures - they were 1.5 bar all round, so upped them to 2.5 bar and things are a lot better! still very wobbly through the suspension though... We've also managed to source a second set of identical wheels with nearly new tyres for just £65 of fleabay - so we now backup wheels in case we puncture/detread tyres whilst on track.

Going to have to leave this now as i'm going on holiday, but will hopefully be out on track in May. And at some point Will you need to see the car!

Looks just like the one that some nobber put in the armco at my trackday at Cadwell :lol:

Have fun guys!

P.S.

This is the most pointless thread.

I've got an amazing story to tell you.....ill tell you later

I think you've missed the point but great attitude there mate, you will go far on this forum.

Sorry Will, just had to chuckle at that:

1313178415025.jpg