Just bought a Track Car

Will370z

I've been working on the car for a couple of weekends now - so far have managed to completely strip the interior and boot of all trim and rear seats, remove 90% of the carpet and swap in my steering wheel and gearknob. Undecided as to whether to try and get the sound deadening out as well, its quite a lot of faff

Strong advice - do not do this. You will spend hours getting it done (dry ice actually works better than a hairdryer BTW) and finish up with an overly noisy car thats generally a horrible place to be, all for saving 15/20KG. Im all for removing back seats, spare wheels and other non essential stuff but removing sound deadening, stereos and even interior panels IMO is only worth doing on a competition car, particularly if you are going to be driving to and from tracks :)

On the other hand, it's a free bit of weight loss for just a littel bit of effort. I did it on the MX5, and I'm very glad I did. It makes the car feel a bit more 'racecar' too which gets you in the right frame of mind when driving it IYSWIM.

If it's only a track car, I say go for it :thumbs: