Urgent advice needed ASAP!

stuarty

I'm close to putting a deposit on a 2009 (58 plate) 350Z GT. the cr is an approved nissan used car with 1 year warrenty, 1 year breakdown cover etc.

The problem is that ive just found out over the phone that its not a 313. Its a 300 bhp model. Dealer said it lay around unregistered for ages before the last owner bought it. Also it dosent have satnav.

Can anyone tell me if this is the norm?

Yup, not impossible. Usually they were Irish imports, huge batch of them.

Unless you're getting a bargain, then I'd just get a HR model, far better engine. Although no sat-nav is a good thing IMHO.

Yup, not impossible. Usually they were Irish imports, huge batch of them.

Unless you're getting a bargain, then I'd just get a HR model, far better engine. Although no sat-nav is a good thing IMHO.

Thanks mate. The cars average price, but there giving me £1500 less for my new BMW than what i paid for it as a trade in!

Edited by stuarty

I called the sales manager to ask if the car had been an irish import. He said the car had been supplied by them when it was new. The cars azure blue coupe, GT model, rays, 27000 miles, full nissan service history, one owner, one years nissan warrenty and breakdown cover and six months road tax. £12500 before any price reduction is negotiated. What does folk think of the price. I thought it was ok, maybe a bit cheap for a 313 but average for a 300 bhp?

£12.5K for a 296? No thanks.

Car is probably fine, but why pay more for less?

+ Billion!

Search net for a 2006 GT with nav and under 40k miles, I'm sure you'll save a few grand.

Get the HR at the same price as they're quoting if not less?

Get walking or tell them you want it for £9k

Put it another way... If it was a 276 from 2004 which hadn't been registered until 2008, would you be willing to pay £12.5k for it? I think not, so you shouldn't accept it for a 296 however good it is. An HR however is worth that much.

You kinda answered your question above in your previous post yesterday

i nearly bought a 2007 300bhp yesterday for £11995, but felt it was worth the extra £500 for the HR.

You've just discovered the extra £500 isn't for a HR.

Edited by 14N

Thanks for all the great advice as usual guys!

I'm just going to call the dealer and tell them to forget it.

I went and viewed this car earlier in rutherglen glasgow, really nice but not a GT.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201302205427848/sort/default/usedcars/model/350_z/make/nissan/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/postcode/ml28bz/radius/20/quicksearch/true/page/1?logcode=p

If it had been a GT it would have been perfect! Think i'll wait for a similar car but a GT to come up.

I also went and had a test drive in a brand new LCI Z4 sdrive28i. I could hardly get in it, my shoulders were toughing my wife's. i put the roof down drove 20m, stopped and put it back up. Felt like a big poof! No offence to any gay members!