So I finally gave in and got a personalised number plate...

The Bounty Bar Kid

I'm surprised a fellow Zed owner hasn't snapped that up... :)

It has to go on a late 58 or early 09.

My car was 1st registered in Feb 09.

I only know of one other of here who has a Zed in that age bracket

and I am led to believe that only 750 or so Zeds were made that year.

It's still for sale on the forum and I just put a years retention on it.

OK so perhaps stupid question but I have never had a private plate before..... I bought my plate from http://dvlaregistrations.direct.gov.uk and it says the price includes the £80 assignment fee. so what happens next? when I fill out the V317 form do i just not enclose the £80 payment? lol I cant find nothing on the site either :(

Edited by Seabee

You pay £80 every time you move it from one car to another, (think this may now have gone up to £110..??).

and you pay £25 per year to keep it on retention.

I now have 4 plates on retention and one on the Zed, Expensive hobby..?? :thumbs: :thumbs:

Cheaper to buy a couple of cars lol

My plate is L14 NDD spaced so it reads L 14N DD (my middle and surname begins with D).

I've started catching a train to work and in the station car park when I return, there's normally an Audi with the reg L14 NDY spaced to read L1 4NDY.

I've just got to get a photo of L14 NDD and L14 NDY next each other! What are the chances of such similar private plates sharing the same car park on a daily basis??

My plate is L14 NDD spaced so it reads L 14N DD (my middle and surname begins with D).

I've started catching a train to work and in the station car park when I return, there's normally an Audi with the reg L14 NDY spaced to read L1 4NDY.

I've just got to get a photo of L14 NDD and L14 NDY next each other! What are the chances of such similar private plates sharing the same car park on a daily basis??

Very Rare dude, buy a lottery ticket! lol

• Like 1

See kids, that's how you do a personal plate. Cheap, means something to the owner, but no silly spacing or stupid spelling. None of this N111SMO or B 54M XX nonsense.

Nice purchase matey :)

Is that a dig at me old bean?

Not at all fella, just the first two random ones that came into my head for comedy effect. :)

Didn't really read the whole thread but if it means something to you and it wasn't too pricey then :D

Funniest ones I've seen were NE14ABJ, or one I almost wanted to bid on a few years back, BE11 END.

Also saw a class one on room 101 the other night 'A LOT', i've got a lot on my plate, hehehe.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

you think police will pull me for having Z logo's on my plates? lol

Well, they are not legal and an MOT tester who is on the ball will fail the car. I believe that someone on here was pulled for having a Z logo, hmm maybe one of the mods/admin. Anyway logos outside of the following are not legal

Flags, symbols and identifiers

Flags and national identifying letters

You can display one of the following flags with identifying letters on the left-hand side of the number plate:

• Union Flag
  • Cross of St George
  • Cross of St Andrew (also known as the Saltire)
  • Red Dragon of Wales

The letters, or national identifiers, you can have are:

• GREAT BRITAIN, Great Britain or GB
  • UNITED KINGDOM, United Kingdom or UK
  • CYMRU, Cymru, CYM or Cym
  • ENGLAND, England, ENG, Eng
  • SCOTLAND, Scotland, SCO or Sco
  • WALES or Wales

Few years ago I was going to buy M4 TTF or M8 TTF (my name is Matt Ford) for £200 ea. I decided not to.. How I regret that now given the enormous price hike.

I've seen one I like which would work as a great plate for Dee and me, but I have better things to spend £500 on right now. Like food, and heating!