So I finally gave in and got a personalised number plate...

The Bounty Bar Kid

As soon as you have to space them illegally they are intently pointless and just look tacky.

I'm sorry to offend but trying to spell your name in the middle of the plate just looks awful.

I would kind of agree if it was DAV or MAT but BBK is a knickname which nobody would really know so it doesn't look that awful does it :shrug:

As soon as you have to space them illegally they are intently pointless and just look tacky.

I'm sorry to offend but trying to spell your name in the middle of the plate just looks awful.

I would kind of agree if it was DAV or MAT but BBK is a knickname which nobody would really know so it doesn't look that awful does it :shrug:

Sorry I wasnt referring to BBK's plate. Just a general point. :D

Edited by S1 HNK

Nice plate Dip, I bet it looks good on the car. B)

My plate is C9 ULF, surname is Caulfield, have been called Caulf for years as have my Dad and Brothers. Means something to me and those that know me and I love it.

Family plates:

Dad has: C6 AUF

Brother has: C6 ULF

I have : C9 ULF

Always keep my eye out for C4 ULF :thumbs:

really.......mine works for me

Picture092Medium-2.jpg

and Mrs Buster loves hers

001.jpg

:p

really.......mine works for me

Picture092Medium-2.jpg

and Mrs Buster loves hers

001.jpg

Hmmmmm unusual fixing point for the bolts there :stir:

• 1 year later...

Tempted by a personalised number plate. Never bothered in the past, but the new registrations are so long I can't remember mine. :) That's my excuse anyway. Plate that has taken my fancy is R1 VSH. It is mine, my wife's and my daughters christian names initials, plus our surname. Also I was born on the 1st and a single 1 looks good on a plate in my opinion.

Plate is £499 from DVLA which seems reasonable. Down side is it does mean ditching a nice new 14 plate. Any opinions and does R1 VSH have any connotation that I haven't thought of. ;)

Ive been called Payco since i was 16 (46 now). It will be on my tombstone one day. I have an O6 coupe but my plate is PA04YCO which works really well for me. Each to their own I guess.

Payco

My plate came on the car as the trader said he felt it did nothing for the car as it was just the initials of the previous owner and he would quite happily put the original number back on the car if i wanted him to.

I kept it purely for two reasons.

1: it was free

2: its 6 digits which means if you transfere it to a motobike you can have a smaller size plate legally

Simples