370Z Engine Bay Dress

TheMacDaddy

Been tinkering away now for a while dressing up my engine bay, so I thought it was about time I showed-off my hard work so far.

I've sprayed the strut brace and engine cover, added some anodized washers and hex bolts here and there, changed out the radiator hoses with Viper Red Samcos, thrown in a couple of new radiator caps and an oil filler cap, and installed my own DIY grounding kit.

I'm not 100% happy with the finish on the engine cover so that may be replaced with some shiny carbon at some point, and I have a few more hoses to upgrade to silicone, but all in all I think she's looking pretty damn sexy!

IMG_9567.JPG

IMG_9571.JPG

IMG_9570.JPG

• Like 6

that looks stunning! love that red colour. out of interest is it a hard job to spray the engine cover and the strut brace yourself?

Strut brace is easy as that doesn't need masking. I used VHT paint just to be extra-safe on the temperature side. The engine cover is a bit of a pig as I opted to wet sand the silver areas down to get them flat first. Then you have to mask it all up. If I did it again I probably wouldn't bother with the sanding and would just paint it as-is.

Edited by TheMacDaddy