Which tyres wouldn't put you off buying?

speedwell

My 05 Zed will need new tyres soon .It's a second car and does very little mileage.

Later in the year I'll be selling it and at that stage I guess the new tyres will only be 10% worn.

So I'm reluctant to spend on the most expensive tyres but neither do I want to put anything on dangerously cheap that would tend also to put off a private buyer of the car.

So,any recomendations?

Depends if your asking top money for the car. If i was buying a car for top money and it had crap tyres on it would make me think twice as id assume the seller hadnt really looked after it or cared. Same with having mixed tyres really.

If you just want it gone then the price will reflect stuff like that anyway.

Depends if your asking top money for the car. If i was buying a car for top money and it had crap tyres on it would make me think twice as id assume the seller hadnt really looked after it or cared. Same with having mixed tyres really.

This.

If I know I'm buying a bit of a shed then I'll cope if it has Nexens on it as I'll haggle the price down to compensate, but if I'm buying a minter I want to see at least 050As on there.

This.

If I know I'm buying a bit of a shed then I'll cope if it has Nexens on it as I'll haggle the price down to compensate, but if I'm buying a minter I want to see at least 050As on there.

But then the majority of buyers out there, IMO, will be more concerned the tyres are 4 of the same with with plenty of tread of them and the fact they may not be 050As/MPSS that informed users may say is best for the 350, would not be a deal breaker.

So I too would agree with those saying Falkens, as a very suitable tyre for the majority. I certainly found them great value for the money and worked well in all conditions.

Encouraging about the ZZ3s. I have a set on some wheels but haven't used them yet as I still have the winter wheels and tyres on. Have always been a big fan of Avons for their predictability and "feel" despite normally high wear rates. However, in fairness I don't have any observations of my own yet. A lot of people rate the Falkens when on a budget.

I'v always used falken 452's and found them a good tyre, just ordered two new for the rear 275/35/19 which are costing £325 fitted!

Heard that the 452 is now being replaced though with the 453 not sure if anyone's tried the new tyre yet or how it would fair if you were only swapping the rears like me and had the existing 452 on the front, as there nearly new so wouldn't want to be swapping them to

But then the majority of buyers out there, IMO, will be more concerned the tyres are 4 of the same with with plenty of tread of them and the fact they may not be 050As/MPSS that informed users may say is best for the 350, would not be a deal breaker.

The majority of buyers out there don't know their arse from their elbow. They'll only check tyre tread, not type or age.

+1 for the ZZ3's, they were on my car when I bought it and they are a great tyre and good price. Now have the MPSS and tbh in my opinion the MPSS do not have much more grip only a little and they are noisier.

That's awesome to know, especially as I nearly shelled out a few hundred more for the MPSS!

Sorry,should have been on the 350 section not the 370,but plenty of replies anyway.

Car will have a very low mileage on it,about 25k,so I'll want a good price for the year.

I was thinking Falkens,or something else mid range like Uniroyal or Avon.I would think a good matching set of these wouldn't put anyone off given it's more than 8 years old and so isn't going to be worth a fortune.