350z Acceleration ?

deankenny

I have not test driven one yet, or even seen one close up in real life.

Now bearing in mind i have owned a near stock Impreza WRX, which used to put myself and passenger head locked to headrest for at least a second or 2 in 1st,2nd sometimes 3rd, what can i expect from a 350z, can you still surprise a un knowing passenger by throwing them back in thier seat headlocked.

Of course all this done on private road or track :) Mostly castle coombe

Unless you get a bad start no a Type R won't keep up that well, if so..keep the foot 'in it' and you'll soon see it falling behind (off road use but of course..). It is smooth and it piles on the speed deceptively fast, you won't really feel the full benefit as your in the drivers seat holding steering wheels n such... your passengers head on the other hand will hit the headrest no bother ...as I found out with his hair gel :dry::lol: (which I got sorted with some autoglym leather cleaner ;)). Your best bet to feel the actual power/speed it can deliver is when overtaking, it can do it in very short spaces very well indeed (but remember not to be silly! :bangin: ). This generally leaves the others behind you that are also trying to get by the car you've passed, but can't, very frustrated :lol::blush:

Edited by AMT

Unless you get a bad start no a Type R won't keep up that well, if so..keep the foot 'in it' and you'll soon see it falling behind (off road use but of course..). It is smooth and it piles on the speed deceptively fast, you won't really feel the full benefit as your in the drivers seat holding steering wheels n such... your passengers head on the other hand will hit the headrest no bother ...as I found out with his hair gel :dry::lol: (which I got sorted with some autoglym leather cleaner ;)). Your best bet to feel the actual power/speed it can deliver is when overtaking, it can do it in very short spaces very well indeed (but remember not to be silly! :bangin: ). This generally leaves the others behind you that are also trying to get by the car you've passed, but can't, very frustrated :lol::blush:

Ah thanks, brilliant answer, of course as the drive controlling the speed you body automatically subconciously clenches with every gear change and foot down etc, thats normal, but like i said an un suspecting passenger will have a decent surprise :) i found this vid on youtube answering my question as well as the mother being hilariously funny about it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U4RHvPO6iY

• Like 1

No worries, I like to be realistic but still letting you know the answer (the fun one) your actually searching for lol Some people on here are a bit more 'reserved' ;) But remember...be safe! And you will def like the car, its got a lot of character as most on here would agree! (like a big friendly bouncer...that can punch you around when it gets bored :lol:)

EDIT - That womens not wearing her seatbelt! :rtfm: ... and she doesn't seem to be a fan of Z's :lol:

Edited by AMT

Well I got overtook by a Fiesta last night on a blind corner... does this mean they're faster? I just held back and waited for the next straight :)

Also a lad and his father in a R33 GTR and Z4 Alpina respectively said I had a nice car... GTR was running 600bhpish and I don't know about the Alpina but that was a bit of a machine!

I had a wrx impreza before my zed. Both stock engines. The wrx feels a little quicker off the line, you miss the turbo noise too. Both cars I find very similar performance 60 but the zed pulls away after that and the whole thing is silky smooth.. I find a big difference in the feel of the whole driving experience too. I don't want to thrash my zed. It's a fast gt car and I use the power when needed and enjoy the ride. The impreza just wanted to be driven all the time and I often felt a bit fried when I arrived at the end of a drive. Also I'm not an outstanding driver, the impreza could be driven fast by anyone where the zed needs a little more respect. It's taught me a lot about driving. 18 months later I don't regret changing for a second, though if I had the money I would definitely Look at FI again.

I feel I should expand on my last answer, there have been several posts over the last 2 years of new members being surprised that they haven't left other cars trailing by as much as they thought they would. with a lot of the new hot hatches they can be nearly as quick as the zed, or easily tuned to the same or higher. zed is better looking, but when you take into account the cars weight. people are sometimes disappointed. I think some people think they've bought a Ferrari. its quick but as with many things there is always something quicker. enjoy the zed for its well balanced drive; and good looks

• Like 2

I feel I should expand on my last answer, there have been several posts over the last 2 years of new members being surprised that they haven't left other cars trailing by as much as they thought they would. with a lot of the new hot hatches they can be nearly as quick as the zed, or easily tuned to the same or higher. zed is better looking, but when you take into account the cars weight. people are sometimes disappointed. I think some people think they've bought a Ferrari. its quick but as with many things there is always something quicker. enjoy the zed for its well balanced drive; and good looks

+1 Biscuit!

I understand what you mean, because i could get a Type R brilliant condition in my town for 6.5k

But when you look at the ZED especially the subtely modded ones, they are stunning, sleek and sexy.