350z Acceleration ?

deankenny

see the zed for track use is at a crossroad, once you get to a certain point it either needs to lose weight or gain power, but if you go the power option it needs bigger brakes and better suspension. and a bit more under strut work to stiffen the chassis up..

Mine suprised me on track as its got that other thing you need along with decent handling and a good power to weight ratio ........ drivability.

Theres no point having 500hp and razor sharp handling if the thing is going to spit you into a ditch every time you turn left, the limits are attainable in the 350 without risking instant death like in some more exotic cars Ive driven. Ive passed a lot of considerably faster cars just through higher corner speed, straightline acceleration is relatively decent once its rolling anyay :)

It also makes it much more fun as you can play with lines, braking points and attack angle without one hand clutching your rosary at all times, although TBF lighter cars are often better for that anyway ;)

I found when pushing on with the zed that its weight became the disadvantage once you got passed a certain point. it hampers the car. great for novices to RWD as it makes the car very predictable and controllable in oversteer, but annoying when your really trying to push it.

... Like me :blush: haha. I want a big fat Aston, I'll admit I'm not the kinda guy that would go track driving, more... pushing on down a nice valley road... (may I suggest heading past braehead - not the glasgow one - all the way down to Moffat :)).

PS. just another example for deankenny ..heading for petrol after work down to a dual carridgeway thats not that long tbh.... as I came down the hill to turn right I saw in the distance a decent bit down the carridgeway a new shape TT and a ...Xsara picasso having a tiff (the picasso wasn't letting him by which..lets be honest was stupid and does nothing, maybe he wanted to stare at LEDs in his rear mirror for the next few miles...who knows)....anyway I saw this and thought, I'm not being stuck behind this crap on the next 60 bit, a not so inconsiderable seconds later there was no TT/picasso having a bit of handbags... the Zed covers distance effortlessly and fast. Ps...to the picasso driver, wtf were you doing lol :lol:

Anyway go buy one mate! You'll like it. (<--- Zed tinted specs on) B)

Edited by AMT

Doesn't have the off the line grunt of our old 250 bhp MR2 turbo and I reckon my chipped 195 bhp RS Turbo would be ahead at 30 mph. What's impressive is that it'll do 0-60 in around 7.5 seconds without using more than 4k revs.

Pete

You do notice its not an immediate thing, I have noted that. Drop down the gears and plant it and its kinda there but...takin its time feeling, only after a second then it starts to pile on the speed in a smooth and constant manner lol.Right I'm banning myself from this thread now, thats enough :lol:

Drive a fi zed and you'll feel what the car should have come like from the factory.

I personally disagree with this. A few things. The 350z would just have been a 300zx then really. The lack of turbo IMO adds a bit of character and also it makes it affordable to run for most of us. I couldn't afford a 400bhp on petrol etc etc but the 350z isnt that bad on fuel and its fast enough on the road. Plus remember its still a cheap car. People moan about the interior and its weight but its cheap. Also it adds to the rawness and character.

IMO the gt86 which everyone is banging on about that is a 10 year newer 350z. The 350z is MORE than the sum of its parts IMO. Simple rwd + nice engine = nice drive. Its a compromise. Its not as focused as a s2k or an elise but its not as cruiserish as a other cars. Its the jack of all trades but master of none. Its wins on drive ability, character and its rewarding to drive.

i prefer the looks of the 350z over a s2k and elise anyday, i have just short of 10k to buy a 350z, i could easily get a s2000 if i want, but i refuse to.

Its your money but I dont see why your "refuse"? Its a great car. The 350z is a great car. Which one YOU prefer is the decider but unless you have driven one you cant really say its no good.

i prefer the looks of the 350z over a s2k and elise anyday, i have just short of 10k to buy a 350z, i could easily get a s2000 if i want, but i refuse to.

Its your money but I dont see why your "refuse"? Its a great car. The 350z is a great car. Which one YOU prefer is the decider but unless you have driven one you cant really say its no good.

Well after riding in the cars down the Zed shed ;) im pretty set :) i have a Honda Accord 2.2 turbo sport right now, so a new Manufacturer would be nice ;)

Well after riding in the cars down the Zed shed ;) im pretty set :) i have a Honda Accord 2.2 turbo sport right now, so a new Manufacturer would be nice ;)

Thats fine. 350z is a great car. But saying other cars are rubbish doesnt make the 350z better.

ooo i never said it was a bad car, i love Hondas, hence i have one as my family car. I have always praised Honda whoever i speak to, and cant praise them highly enough, they even send me christmas cards!

Just that i really love the 350z now, and i dont know why, the s2000 looks like a very nice car, but the 350z looks beefier and more beastly ;)

Only things i can think of.

i have a Honda Accord 2.2 turbo sport right now,

Putting 'turbo' and 'sport' in the title doesn't remove the fact it's a diesel repmobile :lol:;)

Mate's wife has got one to use as her daily, remarkably competent at what it does and rarely fails too. Apart from when the rear brakes bind, as that was a huge PITA to fix!

i have a Honda Accord 2.2 turbo sport right now,

Putting 'turbo' and 'sport' in the title doesn't remove the fact it's a diesel repmobile :lol:;)

Mate's wife has got one to use as her daily, remarkably competent at what it does and rarely fails too. Apart from when the rear brakes bind, as that was a huge PITA to fix!

hahaha, im only being honest ;)

Well i used to be a Taxi Driver, and i bought it as the taxi, hence the dieselness :)