Stage NINE Zeditus - 08 June 2014 (Small Updates)

KyleR

Side effects will include wondering why there isn't enough cash in your account to fund your next purchase :):snack:

If he's at stage 1. What stage am I at?

Every Friday pm I spend an hour in rehab (true) and still I spend all my time drewlimg over some poxy japanese tincan!

WHY???

Edited by 4RE Leather

So, I managed to get a guy to fit the Gemini this morning, was a real PITA to get one of the nuts off from the cats and ended up having to chop it off, to be expected on a 9 year old car though.

When it came to fitting it went on like a dream, even to the point where even the tips are pretty much perfectly in line, although may need adjusted in the future when everything settles in, should be easy though.

So, here's a few snaps i took of the underbelly after it was fitted.

Front

IMG_0823.jpg

Middle

IMG_0824.jpg

Back

IMG_0825.jpg

And here are a few pix of it when I got home after a bit of a blast out the road to try blow the cobwebs out.

IMG_0827.jpg

IMG_0828.jpg

IMG_0829.jpg

IMG_0826.jpg

Now, the important bit, the noise!

It's not really intrusive from in the cabin, quite quiet up until 3500-4000 rpm then it has a nice deep tone, much nicer than OEM. It works well with the Popcharger as it tends to kick in about 3000 rpm and the 2 sound excellent together without being annoying for a daily driver. I can only imagine what it'll sound like with decats or HFC's and there's only one way to find out ;)

I'll get a video sorted once the thing has settled down and stops smoking like Joe Brand :lol:

:thumbs: CS ;)

Edited by KyleR
  • Like 1

Do all the sections bolt up without gaskets?

I plan on selling the cobra and silenced decats very soon and putting the motordyne art pipes and invidia on as my perfect setup

Why would you not want to use gaskets, or am I being thick? Gaskets and bolts come with, just have to reuse the bolts and gaskets from the cats as there are 8 joins and only 6 gaskets, 12 nuts and bolts. All flanges are a perfect fit as expected from a good midrange exhaust.

Enjoying following your build thread Kyle. A lot of money and work going into the Zed & shes looking great.

Hope to see her on the road some day.

Since they updated the forum we can't see where people are from, but if I remember correctly, you're from Belfast? Fancy buying some black leather seats to swap out those ugly Alezan ones? :unsure:

Enjoying following your build thread Kyle. A lot of money and work going into the Zed & shes looking great.

Hope to see her on the road some day.

Since they updated the forum we can't see where people are from, but if I remember correctly, you're from Belfast? Fancy buying some black leather seats to swap out those ugly Alezan ones? :unsure:

I'm in Dungannon area, and like you love my Alezan leather, you can hold on to the black ones.:)

I have the same exhaust (with different tips) and it was sent to me directly from Invidia in the US, also this month.

Thing is that mine hasn't got flexi joints, I have interference fit on mine.

Reckon it's the new batch?

So, you just have piping where my flexies are? Anything else different?

I have the same exhaust (with different tips) and it was sent to me directly from Invidia in the US, also this month.

Thing is that mine hasn't got flexi joints, I have interference fit on mine.

Reckon it's the new batch?

Hmm, not sure I like that idea. The flexis are the weak point and do eventually fail, maybe thats why they removed them?

But on my Invidia G200 I have had to replace them both in the last couple of years, although they were 6-7 years old and take a battering due to being FI. Not a big problem just cut out the old ones and weld in a couple of new ones, you can get from any motor factor for about £20.

BUT they must have failed because they were doing their job and 'flexing'. If they had not been there then the stress of the engine movement would be felt else where - probably the Manifold :surrender: And i wouldn't want that to crack.