Stage NINE Zeditus - 08 June 2014 (Small Updates)

KyleR

They are easy to fit, as they are pre-curved (so you're not trying to bend a straight edge round your wheel). If you do eff it up with a piece, then you normally get a few spare pieces anyway.

I think the thicker the stripe, the easier it will be to fit i.e. if you have a thin line (say 3mm), then this will be more obvious if it's a bit 'wobbly'. I'd got for something in the region of 8mm. They'll be easier to fit to loose wheels, rather than trying to fit them once your wheels on the car.

I just figured it is a simple way to see what they'd look lioke with the orange lip, rather than going through the expense of getting them painted to discover you prefered them plain!

I use the sticky strips - you put them on with a water / soap mix so they can be moved about a bit until dry :thumbs:

By sticky strips you mean the curved ones that you stick 4 per wheel?

Yes mate exactly that - got them from eBay for kawasaki motorbikes as it's a colour match for me :)

• Like 1

I use the sticky strips - you put them on with a water / soap mix so they can be moved about a bit until dry :thumbs:

By sticky strips you mean the curved ones that you stick 4 per wheel?

Yes mate exactly that - got them from eBay for kawasaki motorbikes as it's a colour match for me :)

Can they all be put on with soapy water or are yours designed that way? How would I do it, because the strips will be here after the wheels are on so would be great if I have some flex with applying them? Do I just soak the rim before applying?

They're just a vinyl sticker, so just peel 'em off the backing paper and stick 'em on. :thumbs:

Whenever I've fitted them to my bikes, I've done it with the wheels still fitted. Should be easy enough to do with the wheels on the car (as you haven't got things like forks and swing-arms in the way). I've never used soapy water, but as Keyser said, it may help you move them about a bit if needed.

WHEELS ARE ON!!! :yahoo:

Unpacked and ready for tyres

SAM_1290.jpg

Tyres going on

SAM_1295.jpg

Ready to fit

SAM_1299.jpg

SAM_1300.jpg

OEM's off ready new shoes

SAM_1305.jpg

All done!

SAM_1324.jpg

SAM_1322.jpg

SAM_1319.jpg

SAM_1318.jpg

Can't quite get a picture to show the sheer size of these Batmobile sized tyres

SAM_1315.jpg

SAM_1334.jpg

And back home

SAM_1336.jpg

PS - yes I am aware that it needs dropped, Tein 15/17mm or something more substantial like 25-30mm? Opinions?

PPS - Yes I am also aware that those stupid badges need to come off and I am in dire need of a new exhaust. All in good time. $$$ :cry:

PPPS - Norman also needs a good wash but as you can see, the weather was filthy and dark which also prevented showing off the true colour of the rims.

• Like 1

B) Looks great, excellent choice :thumbs:

:shutup: . . on the badges . . . :lol:

I know, it seemed like a good idea at the time, what was I thinking :lol:

CS - they look great, will look better with the orange nuts. I'll get some better pix when it's not lashing and I can give it a quick wash...

... And remove the god aweful badges haha

Edited by KyleR
  • Like 1

Wheels look great :thumbs:

One of them pump and spray bottles - water and a drop of liquid soap - washing up liquid will do - clean the rim spray the water on put the sticker on and it will slide around or peel off again.

Let it dry jobs a good un. Mine are the same as the reat just vinyl stickers nowt speacial.

Did mine on the car, would be easier to take the wheel of and lay it flat though.

Sorry I forgot to mention the wheel weights for anyone who might be interested or aren't sure because they don't want to add extra unsprung weight.

All weights taken with tyres, obviously brand new on the Rotas but only about 4.5mm on the OEM 18's.

Rota front - 20kg

Rota rear - 21.5kg

OEM front - 19kg

OEM rear - 20kg

So looking at that, I'd say the 19" Rotas weigh the same if not a tiny but less than the OEM 18's but the tyre adds the extra weight.

Stage 2 has just kicked in,

this is getting kind of serious!!!

New LED rears just arrived today after being ordered from the states on Sunday. Effing remarkable shipping time!!

35576C65-E6ED-4F77-A5A2-0C842BA68CB5-1072-00000150A0A4D420.jpg

70A6DEE5-FC34-40CE-B70F-10FB11605E32-1072-00000150A688969D.jpg

They have a few more LED's than the OEM facelift ones but cost literally half the price. Lets just hope they fit as well!

PS - could a MOD move this to the build section please since it's heading that way? :)

Edited by KyleR