Class debate

twobears

I've been reading a post about class on another forum and it is interesting (well, to me anyway) how people like to define themselves as a member of a particular class. Some of their definitions don't accord with mine but I think that everyone has their own ideas on the subject. Personally, I think I must be working class because I own two whippets. If I were to buy a pair of labradors I would move into the ranks of the middle classes and thence into the aristocracy if I were to purchase a brace of corgis. Have I got the right idea about class or am I barking up the wrong tree - whoops, I do love a rubbish joke. My bad? :blush::lol:

Class is only relevant if you think you fit into one. Personally I couldn't give a fig for class.

I grew up with my parents having no dosh, so I guess that made me working class. Gradually over the years I now have assets and money in the bank...but am I still working class? I suppose that's up to people who meet me to judge.

I'll consider myself classless as I don't like to judge one way or the other and I wouldn't try and fit anyone I meet into any pidgeonhole.

Chill Phil and S1 HNK, it's a light-hearted post :teeth: Although actually I do think that the majority of people are happy to pigeonhole both themselves and others according to perceived class distinctions. Whether that is right or wrong I'm not sure. I believe that other countries don't have this obsession with class but the British certainly do. Downton anyone? :p

Staffordshire bull terriers - unemployed?

Very true. :lol:

Why? Have you ever interacted/owned/met one?

They are actually very friendly loyal pets.... Providing they've been raised correctly but then that goes for humans too ;)

But I don't have any dogs............. :shrug:

Aha, you must be a member of the so-called classless society :lol: Just follow my tips on dog buying and you can be an instant member of any class you like the sound of. Unless that is you decide to buy a Staffordshire Bull Terrier, Golden Retriever and um, a Corgi (are there any other dogs that definitely confer upper crustness on their owners?) :lol:

Staffordshire bull terriers - unemployed?

Very true. :lol:

Why? Have you ever interacted/owned/met one?

They are actually very friendly loyal pets.... Providing they've been raised correctly but then that goes for humans too ;)

yeah ive met a few staffys and they were all unemployed :lol: . I actually like them, the majority of them are extremely nice dogs but around here they are mostly owned by halfwits and junkies

My dad has two working dogs what class does that make him :lol:

I find the "class" system quite funny. People at work think I'm posh because I don't have a geordie accent and don't go on holiday specifically to get drunk. And the girl friend thinks I'm common because I don't speak correctly. But she was privately educated so what do i expect haha!

On top of that my sister says I'm middle class but now I'm an engineer and not sat at a desk is that still the case :/

I always thought I was Martin :lol:

Hmm, geckos are upper class. There that is my arbitrary ruling on the subject. I don't actually know what a gecko is :blush: Im off for a pizza now, question is do I go to the middle class Pizza Express or slum it at Pizza Hut? :lol: Depends if I fancy a glass of wine or Fanta with it I guess!