Class debate

twobears

Working Class is when your 'Flat Screen' television is too large for your lounge.

I have to agree with this - having been in many "houses" where the "occupants" are lazier than your average active sloth !!!!

My defintion...

Working class, has to work to provide food and roof over head. Money not left over for luxuries.

Middle class, works to provide food and roof over head, but can afford some of life's luxuries. Eg new car, holidays abroad, treats etc.

Upper class, does not need to work to provide food or roof over head. Can afford luxuries no questions asked. However new money doesn't automatically place you in this category. Eg lottery wins or business venture. Has to come from at least 2+ generations prior.

Then there is...

Scum, does not work, lives on benefits but only because they refuse to work or look for it. Has food and roof over head provided by classes above.

• Like 1

I can't say I blame them. If you're so thick that you have zero prospects, and working means you get less money, then why work? I'd be exactly the same, and I'm willing to bet that most others on here would too. If you could be no worse off and not work, none of us would choose to get up at 7am in the morning.

It's the system that I detest, not the people on it any more. My loathing for them transferred to the welfare state long ago.

So maybe you start off at entry level, but if you work hard then you can get further. My dad came to this country with nothing after his father passed away. Him, his mother and his 5 sisters came over from Kenya and lived in a 2 bedroom council provided flat in Kingston.

He finished school and left with just GCSEs as he had to work to provide for his family. His eldest sister told him not to do a-levels.

He now has many properties in the UK, a house in Florida, a house in New York and a 120 room hotel in Atlanta, USA.

If you want something, then work hard to get it. For 20 years him and my mum worked 100 hour weeks each to give me, my brother and sister a good life.

It's all too easy for people now. But then again the jobs are not there, but only because they've already been taken by people from other countries. British people regard themselves too high to do some jobs, which in turn means that the companies have no choice but to employ people who come from within the EU but not from this country.

We care too much about people. They need a good push. The human race is about survival of the fittest. Too many weak people about. Let them take care of themselves! It'll make them stronger!

My two pence worth. :D

Edited by The Bounty Bar Kid

I can't say I blame them. If you're so thick that you have zero prospects, and working means you get less money, then why work? I'd be exactly the same, and I'm willing to bet that most others on here would too. If you could be no worse off and not work, none of us would choose to get up at 7am in the morning.

It's the system that I detest, not the people on it any more. My loathing for them transferred to the welfare state long ago.

I would still work. It gives you structure, disapline and meaning to your life. I was off for 2 weeks. I couldn't drive or work on cars or anything. It was murder. Sitting at home is boring and if makes you crazy. There is a supposed millIonaire he is minted anyway and he cuts hair as he enjoys it and it gives him stuff to do and interaction with the public. You might think people at home have it easy with the benefits flowing in and I still think its sometimes unfair but I couldn't do it.

Edited by Dblock

My parents were working class to start with, their first home was a static caravan, I grew up with very few luxuries, but was happy and content. I would say I'm middle class with working class routes. My wife hates it when I tell her I'm part chav. :lol:

With reference to the video above, I don't understand why the benefits is not given in coupon form. So they can get food to live etc, but doesn't cover them for luxury items like alcohol and tobacco, dvds etc. Benefits should be there to help people survive until they get back on their feet. And not to fund a cushy lifestyle on their arse. Their take home on benefits is more than I earned as a qualified teacher in my early years. And to earn that much I had to work bloody hard to get it. So why the **** am I funding people that much cash.

If you don't pay in, you can't take out. Should be the rule. And the more you've paid in the more help your entitled too. So if you've worked for 20 years they role the red carpet out for you, but if you've never paid in, they give you a tin of beans and tell you to **** off.

• Like 1

My parents were working class to start with, their first home was a static caravan, I grew up with very few luxuries, but was happy and content. I would say I'm middle class with working class routes. My wife hates it when I tell her I'm part chav. :lol:

With reference to the video above, I don't understand why the benefits is not given in coupon form. So they can get food to live etc, but doesn't cover them for luxury items like alcohol and tobacco, dvds etc. Benefits should be there to help people survive until they get back on their feet. And not to fund a cushy lifestyle on their arse. Their take home on benefits is more than I earned as a qualified teacher in my early years. And to earn that much I had to work bloody hard to get it. So why the **** am I funding people that much cash.

If you don't pay in, you can't take out. Should be the rule. And the more you've paid in the more help your entitled too. So if you've worked for 20 years they role the red carpet out for you, but if you've never paid in, they give you a tin of beans and tell you to **** off.

Here here. Now get rid of that stupid quote of your signature! DoogyRev has!

It's not so much class that seperates anymore rather money, and money does not buy you class

Can anything buy you class? If not, what is class? A 5,000 word essay will suffice SMD :D

That's easy, class is what you puts in your windows frames. Simples

It's not so much class that seperates anymore rather money, and money does not buy you class

Can anything buy you class? If not, what is class? A 5,000 word essay will suffice SMD :D

Nothing can buy class or intelligence or a personality.

There are far better things to worry about in my book, just accept yourself for who you are and your limitations, love yourself and others will love you too :group:

• Like 1

I work, therefore I am working class.

I may have assets, potential for independent income generation and a drive to achieve that. However, as yet, I am not a man if independent means although I'm working to facilitate that independence all the time.

Will that change my class, no I think not, not here and now. If the Russians hadn't invaded Germany at the end of world war two to create the East German state as it was, seizing all assets and land, then maybe things would have been different, but such is life.

Anyway, I have nothing to complain about, not in comparison to a lot of people.

Edited by Bockaaarck

SMD, so if I can't buy myself class, intelligence or a personality I guess I have to accept that I will be forever declassé, thick and devoid of personality :( Still, I've got my lovely Roadster so it's not all bad ;)

Edited by twobears