Another Newbie

Hi All,

I am looking to get my grubby hands on a 350Z in about 4-6 weeks. My budget will be around 8k with a bit more for something special.

I just wanted some advice on what to look for. Should i be definitely looking for a facelift model, should i be concerned about mileage, does it need to be a GT or certain colour in case of resale, any suggestions on where i should be looking.

All input gratefully received

Cheers

Thanks all, you are a welcoming lot.

I have tried cleaning my hands but they only get dirty again.

Lots of great info i have already found including the "zed for sale" section. Would i be correct in making the assumption this would be a good place to buy as you guys take really good care of your motors?

Also can anyone list the differences between a pre and post facelift model, couldn't seem to find anything specific when i searched.

Thanks again

Welcome! Somebody with greater knowledge will be along to give you better advice but I think the face lift 05 (I think) on has the rev up engine with slightly more power and better low down torque. They also have a slightly improved interior and LED rear lights. There might be other differences too but I'm not too sure. With your budget you'll be able to get a very nice face lift model. Good luck with the search

I am looking to get my grubby hands on a 350Z in about 4-6 weeks.

Lol, maybe a Sunset or black one would be a good idea then. :p:lol:

Now seriously, I'd initially spend the money, buy the very best you can find, as it should pay off afterwards, ie hopefully won't have issues that need to be address.

Yes, if it's a well known forum car it will generally be well cared for.

I am looking to get my grubby hands on a 350Z in about 4-6 weeks.

Lol, maybe a Sunset or black one would be a good idea then. :p:lol:

Now seriously, I'd initially spend the money, buy the very best you can find, as it should pay off afterwards, ie hopefully won't have issues that need to be address.

Yes, if it's a well known forum car it will generally be well cared for.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I have seen a couple of post facelifts on pistonheads for a touch over 9k or thereabouts which look smart, may be worth stretching the budget a little.

• 2 weeks later...